Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I know the cam variator thing has been done to death now, but does the 16v Q4 motor have the same variator mechanism?

cheers,
Confused of Durham

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dont think that the Q4 has a variator the lancias never had one fitted(as far as i know)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at the parts c.d today quoting for a head gasket set for a spider(GTV) the set was 150+vat but when i priced up each part on its own the cost was only £79.!!!and it was for the same parts none left out..also i looked at the cost of the variator wwwoooooooohhhhhh £400+VAT.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jimybob

Apparantly there are a few errors on those parts Cd's, from posts on here I thought the variator was about £80??? Is it the whole thing, are we only talking about a part of it on here?

Were Alfa able to explain the different prices on the gaskets?

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wrinx
look up 60534503 on your parts c.d its the variator i was talking about.
gasket sets are often cheaper when bought in parts,any one who needs a head set for a rover k series needs to know this you will save ££££££.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, it was a test, didnt realise!!

Ang on............

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kin 'ell!!!!

£459.35 on my Cd dated 11/99.

In my previous post I was wondering which part has been mentioned on here, cos that one was about £80. All this variator stuff confuses me :confused: :confused: now I've got a V6 :) :)

wrinx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts