Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.Hope you well.Well baby's broken again and really would appriciate any help,over being ripped off by so called mechanics.Well my sele been broken for a couple of months now,Initially it was just the fact that when I tried to select gears it would just rock back and forward.Now I have engine fauilure,camshaft sensor fauilure.fml.Well I thought it might be the clutch rod length which is why I couldent select gears when the car was idling.So tried to set that and best I can do Is 24.9 mm then the bolt comes out.Even when I try and select gears after the clutch rod length drops do 16-18 mm anyways...

Please I really want to try and fix the car myself this time,But really just dont know where to start.
Ive uploaded some videos to youtube.Please take a peek and let me know what you think.

Regards. Sheldon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
car Idling trying to select gears. - YouTube

selecting gears when car in mar. - YouTube

loose clutch rod - YouTube

·
Registered
45 Posts
Saint check out my thread "To buy or not to buy. You will find some very usefull info there....:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
That is a od R18 000 unit u are playing with.

Best advice is to take it to someone who knows the sele you can bring it to us if you like but only early next year.
Your first problem is that you adjusted the clutch rod without having any idea of what it is supposed to be set to.
If you really want to DIY read up on the system and understand what you adjust before stuffing it up.

It is time for all of us to accept that some things should be left to people with experience and if you are willing to learn and do DIY do your homework before you start messing around and cause more damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts