Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently had the head rebuilt on by 2.0 ts and skimmed new seals, cleaned etc. With the water pump replacement and cam belt and variator paid out best part of £900. It looks to be leaking oil from head somewhere with this dripping down past the oil filter getting smoky and smelly once hot and possibly burning oil. :cry:

Question is if this is a cam seal gone should this have been done as part of the rebuild and are these symptoms of a very poorly done repair?

Car going in early next week to fix, so should I be paying yet more money out on the old girl?

thoughts?

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Cam oil seals should deffo have been done. Poor job if they have not. Problem is if it is one of those leaking, all the belts will have to come off to change them. Remove the top cover and have a good look around the whole cam cover though, it may just be a poorly fitted cam cover gasket. That would be cheap and easy to remedy.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Cam oil seals should deffo have been done. Poor job if they have not. Problem is if it is one of those leaking, all the belts will have to come off to change them. Remove the top cover and have a good look around the whole cam cover though, it may just be a poorly fitted cam cover gasket. That would be cheap and easy to remedy.
I'd of said the CAM seal should of been done...
I guess the leak is from the rocker cover gasket and is likely to not of been changed...

Did you refit the head yourself?

How wierd :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts