Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the Cams out of a GTV6 2.5V6 are the same as a 155 V6 :confused: :confused:

Answers on a postage stamp please.................... :D :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder if it lists the same part number on the parts Cd :confused:

Must remember to get hold of one :rolleyes: one day :rolleyes:

·
Registered
564 Posts
speed freak said:
Wonder if it lists the same part number on the parts Cd :confused:

Must remember to get hold of one :rolleyes: one day :rolleyes:
Afraid not Speedy the disc gives a price of £134.42, but they have had a price increase recently :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marlon said:
contact ColinGTV6, he'll know for defo I think.
Thats who i`m getting the cams and heads from :rolleyes: but he aint sure if they are the same or not...........................and am waiting for a few people to get back to me

Btw if there not the same they will be when i`ve finished with em :D :D

·
0 Posts
Speed Freak,

I don't think you can, because of the cam length. But what is the point? The GTV6 cams aren't that aggresive.

I tried to put in 164 QV cams into the 155 V6. The 164 QV cams were also too long (by 2mm). I told this to Squadra, but at first he didn't believe me. Then later he found out the same thing ;)

He now has a 155 V6 with the 916/917 Spider 3.0 V6 12 SOHC cams and cam pulleys. You need the pulleys from the donor engine.

However, I noticed that the 155 V6 cam pulleys have "rounded teeth", but the 164 has square teeth. So the cam belts are different too. Maybe the Spider also has "rounded teeth" cam pulleys and cogs on the timing belt?

SO there you have it. I just bought my second set of used QV cams and will put that into the 155 V6 (squadra chipped). I think it will go really well!!!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
75EVO the idea is to get the GTV cams re-profiled to a fast road set up and then stick them into me car ................means that i dont have to take the car off the road for too long while there getting sorted ;) ;)

I would just get a pair of 155 cams re-profiled but have`nt got a spare pair but can get hold of some GTV cams for nowt :D :D

What i need to know is will the GTV cams fit into my heads :confused:

But everyone i e mailed has either ignored me or does`nt know :rant:

·
0 Posts
Ah ok, cams reprofiled... by whom? AH Motorsports?

The cams themselves should fit, except that you need the GTV6 cam pulley as well.

Examine the cam pulleys of the GTV6 and 155. You will see the difference in the square and round teeth.

Now the GTV6 cams won't work in a 164 SOHC V6 head, not because of the length, but because it doesn't have the connection to the distributor which runs off the front head in a 164.

Let me know the specs of the reprofiled cams. I hope you don't go past 10mm lift.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the tip on the pulley`s :D :D

I`m not using 164 heads am sticking with the 155 heads for now as its less hassle :rolleyes:

And AHMotorsports don`t do the re-profiled cams anymore :confused: am trying Piper at the minute and a few other`s to see what i can get done :D :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Try EB Spares for some genuine Colombo and Bariani cams- 01373 823 856 :)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers Dai ..............but i`ve got me eye on the cams all ready ;) :rolleyes: and the head gasket set sold a couple of days for £36 :confused: so not sure why its back on :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts