Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been told my camshaft lobes and followers are worn on my v6.Anyone know what cost this is likely to be or if second hand units are any good.Whats the best option? :confused: :confused:

·
0 Posts
andy155v6 said:
I've just been told my camshaft lobes and followers are worn on my v6.Anyone know what cost this is likely to be or if second hand units are any good.Whats the best option? :confused: :confused:
Not sure. But I'm willing to buy your worn camshaft! Email or PM me.

Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
I take it the top of the engine is rattling....all the V6's do. The probs seem to be the zorst cam lobes and obviously the intake clearances which are adjusted with shims. The zorst clearances can be adjusted easily as they use the "normal" nut and bolt adjustment stuff.

I set my zorst clearances closer than the 0.31mm min specified to try and allow for the worn cam lobes. Not gonna do the intakes as the cams need to come out and it's all not worth the hassle to as the car runs fine. My engine is probably the quietest 155 V6 now I've done the zorst clearances ;)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Depends on what you want to spend....I just turn up the radio.

Longer term I have a pair of used cams that are much better than the ones currently in there (but not perfect) and will swap them out when I can be bothered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts