Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i think my belt went on my 146, could anyone advise me what sort of damage i may have done and how much this is gonna cost me? I only bought it last week :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bad news my freind, aint taken the cover off yet, just puttin off the worst i guess! only savin grace is that i was just leavin a roundabout and not going fast!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
They do seem to go at low speeds, mine was as I coasted up to a roundabout.
Are you sure its the belt, what are the symptoms ?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
thats unlucky....

Smaky time me thinks

to be sure, take the oil cap off, get an assiastant to turn the engine over for a second and peer down the oil filler hole If the camshaft moves it OK and must be something else, if not the belt has gone.

HTH

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unlucky mate, full sympathies your way and to any other alfa owner with any problems.

Had mine changed by my mate at around 60000 miles. I think I was well lucky changing it this late...so...far. Belt was actually fitted backwards, but we couldnt be bothered to fix it...he said it should be ok.

How many miles has yours done?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Touch wood my beloved 146ti has been a dream (apart from battery going flat if left on drive for 4 days or more ?? ). I had cambelt & tensioners done just before christmas, by Deens @ Hampton Court. Car had covered 82,000 dreamy miles ;-) I Cannot reccommend Deens highly enough ;-) Oh and very very good price aswell ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts