Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

In an attempt to keep myself busy and away from the temptations of an M3, I have decided to upgrade my brakes for some drilled and grooved discs. As part of the process, it's now time to paint my rather faded silver callipers.

Keeping the 8C theme I'm very tempted by yellow callipers. Problem is before painting them, I would love to see what they would look like! Anybody a photoshop whizz who can impose yellow callipers on this image? Don't spend to much time of course as I just need a rough idea. Help greatly appreciated!

Image: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Alternatively if anyone has any other colour suggestions or where/how best to paint them, let me know! I'm guessing some Alfa Romeo transfers are easy to buy??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi again, well i have done it..But I dont think its the way forward when you see the results..LOL. I dont no how to put the photo on here though.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just seen your example.. trouble is your orignal picture is small, so to work with it you have to blow it up which causes pixall problems.

·
Registered
204 Posts
heres a better pic for anyone who is a bit bored :)

imageshack - getattachmentaspxfile0b.jpg
Well, I don't know much about Photoshop, but I do have an Alfa like yours (same color and everything) and a can of yellow spray paint. I've always wanted yellow brakes too, so I decided to paint my calipers.

I was a bit nervous, so I had a few beers first. I guess that's why I got a little paint on my tire and a tiny bit on the fender. I doubt anyone will notice though since I drive mostly at night (when the bars are more lively). Plus I usually don't wash my wheels, so some brake dust will hide most of what I got on the wheel and rubbing a few curbs should take most of the excess paint off the tire. That's a lot easier than using masking tape, right?

I hope my picture will give you an idea of how your car will look.

Yellow Brakes 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Hey All,

In an attempt to keep myself busy and away from the temptations of an M3, I have decided to upgrade my brakes for some drilled and grooved discs. As part of the process, it's now time to paint my rather faded silver callipers.

Keeping the 8C theme I'm very tempted by yellow callipers. Problem is before painting them, I would love to see what they would look like! Anybody a photoshop whizz who can impose yellow callipers on this image? Don't spend to much time of course as I just need a rough idea. Help greatly appreciated!

Image: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Alternatively if anyone has any other colour suggestions or where/how best to paint them, let me know! I'm guessing some Alfa Romeo transfers are easy to buy??
I've got plenty of posts coming up to convince you to keep your unique 8C Brera and keep you busy modding for a year! :cool:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, I don't know much about Photoshop, but I do have an Alfa like yours (same color and everything) and a can of yellow spray paint. I've always wanted yellow brakes too, so I decided to paint my calipers.

I was a bit nervous, so I had a few beers first. I guess that's why I got a little paint on my tire and a tiny bit on the fender. I doubt anyone will notice though since I drive mostly at night (when the bars are more lively). Plus I usually don't wash my wheels, so some brake dust will hide most of what I got on the wheel and rubbing a few curbs should take most of the excess paint off the tire. That's a lot easier than using masking tape, right?

View attachment 143607
Crying laughing here !!!

?

·
Registered
350 Posts

View attachment 143607
Brilliant :cheese:

·
Registered
49 Posts

View attachment 143607
Crying laughing here !!!

��
^^^ THIS :cheese:

·
Registered
795 Posts

View attachment 143607
:cheese: That woke me up!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

View attachment 143607
classic :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice work with the spray can, i found the easiest way to get rid of the overspray, is wire wool. It works a treat.:lol:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts