Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been thinking about painting my callipers for some time now. I think either black or red would be cool (to match the red leather inside). I'm leaning more towards black though. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Here's the car

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think silver - its often hard to get a thick enough coat to make other colours look good but silver looks good any way you put it on - looks classier i think :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Mine have recently been re-done in red, which go well with my black car (and the red leather interior). Have a look at my pics and you'll see the red easily through the wheels. I think black could look good on your car, but red will always be more noticeable of course. Are yours 17" Teledials or 16" ones?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Did mine black as the pad's are black,and so makes it look more like there supposed to be that way.Red would have been nice on a black car,but then i would have had to paint the pad's aswell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello all...

Did you do then yourself? I noticed the white script type 'Alfa Romeo', how did you keep that so white? Surely not paint around it?

Rez x

·
Vendor
46,241 Posts
Hello all...

Did you do then yourself? I noticed the white script type 'Alfa Romeo', how did you keep that so white? Surely not paint around it?

Rez x
They are transfers, you can buy them from eBay.. :)

Gotta be red calipers..

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Did mine in red too and added Alfa script stickers over the top. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Do you guys stick the script on top or lacquer over the sticker?

·
Registered
15,180 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Mine were done professionally and have the script stuck straight on with no layer of lacquer.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I used black engine lacqure to paint the calipers, then stuck on the script and used a 2k clear coat to seal them in and keep them clean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts