Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTV6 is stored with family in Durbanville. I need to have a police clearance done.

I spoke to some very helpful SAPS members who advised that the car will need to be taken to a place in Bellville where the clearance can be issued.

I need a reliable contact with a trailer or low loader that can collect the car and take it to the cops in Bellville + return. Happy to pay for the service of course.

Thanks, any pointers appreciated.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Henk, unfortunately I don't have a trailer otherwise I would have helped.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i bought the temporary plates and drove my Giulietta to get the clearance done. also went to the weigh bridge as it had to be reregistered.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Just hire a trailer...

I'm more concerned with the process, what if something happens to the car? Is it insured?

Can the lucky person not drive it there:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Just hire a trailer...

I'm more concerned with the process, what if something happens to the car? Is it insured?

Can the lucky person not drive it there:thumbup:
Not if the lic is behind or expired. Then they will not even work on the car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car license is up to date and the car can be driven - it just adds more complexity. First choice is to find a business that is prepared to do the work, insurance and all :)

If not we will have to make plan B and have the car driven there.

Thanks for the feedback so far!:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I usually use a tow-in service with a flatbed truck if I need to take my cars anywhere. This usually depends on how much you are willing to pay, but they usually charge around R600 per trip. Odendal Breakdown Service. 24h a day, very good service and very helpful people. Call them for a quote.

http://www.odendalbreakdown.co.za/

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/emcon1/AlfaOwner/2012-11-27-1035.jpg
Perfect thanks IL - just the type of info I was hoping for.

(ps, thanks to all the other offers and bits of advice in previous posts)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts