Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at gtvs recently and the prices seem very affordable,:). Im toying with the idea of getting one next year.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has gone from a 145 to a gtv. Fuel consumption doesn't bother me too much as I do very little town driving.

What are the gtvs like on long journeys? I'd be planning on driving it to Spain next year.

Can you fit a bike on the back seats?

Cheers.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
You won't fit a bike on the back seat, I can tell you that much.. If you are going on your own you can always take out the passenger seat for the journey :) still be a bit of a squeeze though.

I've driven a GTV on a 4 hour journey and found the driving position very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I've been looking at gtvs recently and the prices seem very affordable,:). Im toying with the idea of getting one next year.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has gone from a 145 to a gtv. Fuel consumption doesn't bother me too much as I do very little town driving.

What are the gtvs like on long journeys? I'd be planning on driving it to Spain next year.

Can you fit a bike on the back seats?

Cheers.
My son and I did a 300-- mile trip to Italy and back this year.
Great fun and a pleasure to drive a GTV on a long trip.

Check out in the search

The GTV at Rheims Circuit ... for the adventure.

Get a GTV and do the trip is my recommendation.
As for the bike in the back seat. It needs to fold and well at that.
Hire a bike where ever you go to ..me thinks

Alan

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
I think you could fit a bike on the back seat, just have to remove both wheels and maybe the pedals. I've fitted an engine in the back of mine on one side!

You'll enjoy it mate :)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry guys - should have been clear re the bike. Yes I would take both wheels off, so its just the frame sitting on the back seat.. and then the wheels thrown in too. I do that in my 145 and it seems to work for me.

Are any of you guys with GTVs local? I fancy having a look around at a V6...

Yeah id be driving the GTV down to Spain so want to make sure its comffy

·
Registered
26 Posts
The GTV is great fun to drive and can easily cover great distances with ease, my wife and I drove mine from Rotterdam through to Germany and the Rhine valley, Frankfurt, and then Czech republic, Prague, Olomoc, into Austria and then over the Stelvio pass in Italy through to Davos in Switzerland and back through to the Nurburgring before heading home. It coped much better than I thought it would and ate up the distance on the autobahns at a good pace. Mine is not on standard suspension either as it runs Ebaich springs and Koni adjustable dampers. By one with your eyes open though as it will cost you a small fortune to keep it running and in perfect condition. :)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Great car, a car you should own once in your life for sure! Go got it!

You wont fit a DH bike in, but a small XC or jump bike shouldnt be an issue. Full sus you might have an issue too.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
You won't fit a bike on the back seat, I can tell you that much.. If you are going on your own you can always take out the passenger seat for the journey :) still be a bit of a squeeze though.

I've driven a GTV on a 4 hour journey and found the driving position very comfortable.
well I put my cannondale RZ120 full suss mountain bike in my GTV every monday night :D the wheels go in the boot and my gear goes behind the seat!

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
My previous Alfa was a 146ti. It went like the clappers but was a thirsty little beggar. My V6 doesn't upset me me with its consumption so I guess it must be ok. :lol:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All sounds very positive so far - thanks for the input.

Maybe its ment to be, I was driving into work today, and spotted the original press GTV V6 on the motorway- y871xxx... :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I could just about squeeze my medium frame mountain bike in the back. Needed to take both wheels off and sit them on the front seat. You can buy a bike rack that fits the GTV, which is what I have. Hollywood F3 Baja. It was about £80 when I bought it about 5 years ago. Not sure if they still make it now though.
It does drag your fuel consumption down a bit though!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have fitted my Holdsworth Mistral in back OK with wheels in boot, but better than that brought a stoneware double sink and drainer back from Leroy Merlin in France:lol:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
A 147 GTA or 156 GTA is a much more practical motor and offers better performance and handling. The prices are right down on them too, I'd look at one of those before buying the GTV.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts