Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all - I've been away with a few personal bits going on recently, and despite promises of organising a run out for all us alfa owners I've neglected to organise anything.

I'm free every day this week coming, and thought a mid week evening run out to a few exciting B roads would be a plan - Start off meeting somewhere central, I.e Malpas in Truro, then head off to the King Harry Ferry, take in the sights and roads, and form a big circuit back around? (All early evening, perfect time for a stop off at a pub on the way!)

Means we'll get to meet each other, enjoy driving for the sake of it and could even find some new favourite driving roads.

So what do you all think? Feel free to enter any specific roads you love too that should be included in the itenerary!

I'm free most evenings, would be an amazing end of the day birthday treat for me on the 15th?

:thumbs:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Sounds like a grand idea, Kernow! :thumbs:

Now lets hope all the Cornwall members come out of the woodwork for this one! :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sounds great :) Were you thinking of heading over to the Roseland then?

I could make Wednesday, Friday or Saturday (or potentially some other time if it is more convenient for everyone else).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought it'd be a plan - I'd suggest Wednesday'd be great, if only because I'm a bit impatient!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well I've just cleaned the car so it has to be tomorrow or else she'll be dirty again :p

Wednesday is good for me. Any thoughts as to pubs? The Punchbowl and Ladel (on the way to the King Harry Ferry) used to be pretty good and has plenty of car parking.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'll keep an eye on whats going on, just moved into the new house round your way PP so we are busy trying to unpack, could make it but no guarentee's.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
So you guys are looking at Wednesday evening then for your meet? :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, gonna make it official as an event in a minute, :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Nice one fella :thumbs:

If it wasn't so far away (and the car a little more roadworthy), I'd make the effort to come and meet you guys again :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Are the Alfa guys doing any thing for the Wadebridge Wheels on the Sunday 20th July?
I'm going with the CSCC to the show but if the guys would like a Cup on show then I'm happy to slot the car in with you guys?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the Alfa guys doing any thing for the Wadebridge Wheels on the Sunday 20th July?
I'm going with the CSCC to the show but if the guys would like a Cup on show then I'm happy to slot the car in with you guys?
didn't know about this one matey, could you make wednesday too? Been waiting for you to arrive. :thumbs:

·
Registered
999 Posts
:eek: One of the biggest car shows in Cornwall !!!!
At the Royal Cornwall show ground at the date above. Sure I can get you in with the CSCC if you fancy showing of your stalion if you want?
Sure I can make a effort for Wednesdays gathering!!:)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds like a plan! Going to sound rather ignorant, but what's the CSCC? Been playing with words but nothing I can come up with sounds plausible..

If you could make Wednesday that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Cornwall Sports Car Club. We will be showing off the following -
Ferrari, TVR's, Ford GT Roush, Dax, Cosworth, Porsche, Aston, Vx Manaro, ME! and I'm sure there is more I have missed. Bl00dy good show and a day out. Every thing from the Boy racers to the Boys Toys.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds like a bit of a kleenex day - count me in. By the way, you still got the TVR? I was in Falmouth on sunday I think it was and a whole load of very loud TVR's cruised past, what a noise..

·
Registered
999 Posts
The TVR has gone now.:rolleyes: She won the show and shine last year at the W/Wheel !

Bad Pic!!! (I was taking the micky when this was taken!) Honestly!
After shelling out nearly double figures in 12month on maintaining her and just doing less than 6k miles it made Simons 360 cheap to run.
Keeping a open mind on what next and getting the 355 itch :rolleyes:
As for the TVR run, it was the west midlands weekend visit down. They had a bit of a camp out and BBQ. Lucky sods!:lol:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts