Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be our third (and probably final for the year) breakfast meet up at the Departure Lounge Cafe, Alton, Hamps (GU34 4BH). At the first meeting there were six of us. Earlier this month that had grown to 12 cars, including two distant cousins in the form Lancia Delta Integrales. Bearing in mind two Alfa people managed to get the days mixed up and turned up the next day it means we would have had 14 cars! There are several 916s, including three Cups, now regular attendees. We were accompanied by a few 156s, a Giulietta and even a 145 Cloverleaf (see photo). The guy who brought his Fiat Coupe to the first meeting thinks he might bring his 355 to this one (weather permitting)!

The Departure Lounge is a great venue because the guy lets us park up in formation on his grass field and reserves us a table, food is good too. It is a great way to meet fellow Alfisti, look over other cars and talk all things Alfa/Italian.

We want to build this into a large and regular monthly meet from Spring to Autumn. So if you came last time please do come again and if you didn't and you live within reasonable distance you are more than welcome. There is more than one person who has an hour drive to get there so people are coming from far afield.

Saturday 8th Oct, Cafe opens at 10am but people start arriving from about 9:15am.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Last time was excellent, with lots of cars to look at, and owners to meet and chat with.

I'll try to make it, but it is my Birthday, so I may not get the final say!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of response on an identical post on the 916 board, not much happening on this one.

Whilst the largest group of cars are 916s it would be great to get some classic Alfas, 4Cs....any Alfas, more Alfas!

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I will be in, unless I am not in the country. It was a great meeting and we must have it regularly (even if not during winter time)

Reactions: james2375

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sorry I can't make this, off to Italy for a few days :)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Ross, I should be back from Malawi and if I'm around I'll drop in. Especially for the brekkie!

Julian
Sadly me and my giulietta will not now be able to join you on this meet.

My folks are coming to stay for a few days. They don't have a similar enthusiasm for Alfa's. So looks like I'll be at home cooking breakfast instead!!!

Sorry
Julian

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
it was a great meeting and good to see everyone!

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
some photos, 16 cars in total

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Looked like a good turn out. I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Are you thinking one more before Christmas? Or wait til spring?

Julian

·
Registered
67 Posts
in this thread there is a link to great photos by ecsrobin taken during this meeting
Sat 8th October Italian Car Breakfast meet @ Alton - Page 1 - Alfa Romeo, Fiat & Lancia - PistonHeads
Guys,

This sounds really appealing, bravo for organising it?. I live in Somerset - about an hour and 40 from Alton, but would like to attend the next time you do this - appreciate it'll be the spring. I have a cute, low mileage W reg 156 2.0 TS, the car is a joy and drives beautifully. So to keep it that way, I'm just getting everything together to change the cambelt, tensioner, roller and water pump.

I plan to stash it in a barn over the worst of the winter and bring it out in the spring. Be great to spin over to Alton in it - so could you please add me to your invite list? Thank you

With best regards

Andy H

·
Registered
175 Posts
Guys,

This sounds really appealing, bravo for organising it?. I live in Somerset - about an hour and 40 from Alton, but would like to attend the next time you do this - appreciate it'll be the spring. I have a cute, low mileage W reg 156 2.0 TS, the car is a joy and drives beautifully. So to keep it that way, I'm just getting everything together to change the cambelt, tensioner, roller and water pump.

I plan to stash it in a barn over the worst of the winter and bring it out in the spring. Be great to spin over to Alton in it - so could you please add me to your invite list? Thank you

With best regards

Andy H
Hi Andy

Sure we can, keep an eye out for updates here, and some of the guys meet up here at Sainsburys Hedge End (J7 of the M27) Tollbar Way, Hedge End, Southampton SO30 2UH at 08:30hrs (nearest the petrol station in the car park) and then drive up to Alton in convoy. So not sure if you could make that, if not then just come up the the Cafe (I come down from Swindon and meet Denis at Newbury, he has a nice 156 1.9JTD sportwagon) then drive down.

Alan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts