Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
On a red Giulia I'd go the red brakes, then black, then yellow (in order of preference). I don't think yellow and red are a nice contrast to be honest. Yellow brakes look good on white, silver, blue, or black cars IMO. I'd also not option the yellow unless I'm also optioning with the carbon brakes - brake dust on yellow is a killer (we've got an MY18 WRX STi and yellow brakes are a huge pain to keep clean when you have cross-drilled rotors).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm very late into this discussion but I think there is a perception that cars with Yellow calipers have carbon fibre or ceramic brakes? The likes of Porsche did this very early on. I like my red babies

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
376 Posts
Mine went from the standard silver to yellow with red Brembo stickers about 18 months ago.....Mrs Afaitalia has still not noticed!!!
Hi Alfaitalia
What was entailed in getting your calipers re-painted? If you don't mind me asking - how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Comp Red car, dark wheels and black calipers. Just the Alfa Romeo script in white on the calipers. Look fantastic to me but it's all a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Hi Alfaitalia
What was entailed in getting your calipers re-painted? If you don't mind me asking - how much did it cost you?

I did them myself...so the cost was the paint (and a few notes for eBay heat resistant Brembo stickers) and my time..I did them on the car (if I did then again I would remove then from the car...but the day I did them I did not have the time...they look fine until you get the car on a ramp and see the less than well finished backs...it's just an old 159...modded and tuned on a budget....better to spend money making it go faster/handle better than making calipers pretty) I have painted lots of my calipers in various colors in the past. Don't waste your money on heat proof paint or over priced special "caliper paint"....I've always just used smooth Hammerite (can or brush...do it right and there are no brush marks)....they don't claim it to be heat proof but my old 528i showed no sign of heat damage after a hot day at the track.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm very late into this discussion but I think there is a perception that cars with Yellow calipers have carbon fibre or ceramic brakes? The likes of Porsche did this very early on. I like my red babies
This is the case with some manufacturers (i.e. the sterile Germans) where the calipers are red or blue (AMG or ///M repectively), but are Gold if you option the ceramics to differentiate. With the Giulia, you can choose either of the 3 colours in steel or carbon packages, no limits. Interesting that the AMG option only give you ceramics upfront these days (cost cutting) and only a single piston, sliding caliper on the rear.
Yep, the Italians do it better...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
comp red is good in sun when clean, crap when not sunny or overtly dirty. id have liked green calipers, my dealer offered to paint but i didnt trust them. i like the noddyesque yellow on red contrast i have, i find red on red a bit staid for my tastes but we all have our own tastes.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts