Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the thinking on Brake Caliper colour ?
Red seemed to be very popular but now seeing a lot of cars with yellow

So opinions please on whats best for a red car with the dark 5 hole wheels ?
Red , Yellow or Black ?

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
376 Posts
Hi
Personally I like yellow. you thinking of changing the colour of your calipers? If you are how you going to go about it ? :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I,m thinking of changing my car and Beechdale have a couple but both have the yellow calipers which I'm not sure goes with red ,
I like the yellow with a blue car

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
376 Posts
Hi
I just got a new Silverstone Grey Veloce with black calipers and black leather this March. The Silverstone Grey is a really really nice colour and the black leather makes a really great contrast. Yes its silver I know, but boy oh boy does silver suit the Giulia. My old veloce (2017) was vesuvio Grey (nice colour) and tan leather, plus yellow calipers. The yellow looked fantastic.

I would'nt personally be keen to have red calipers on a red car when you have yellow available. Much nicer to have a contrast IMHO. Look at pics of yellow calipers on a red Ferrari.

On my new car the black on the window surrounds and the rear splitter looks much more distinctive contrasting against the Silverstone Grey, than it did on the Vesuvio grey car

The the one thing on my new car I would change is the caliper colour- red would be okay as is black, but I would definitely go for yellow calipers - they look great against the dark five hole wheels :)(y)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks spitfire I.m warming to the yellow now I.ve checked out the ferrari

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
My personal view on coloured calipers is.
If your old enough to have a Giulia you're too old to have coloured calipers.:cool:
You sir then are too old and need a Jaguar ;)
But seriously though, Alfa sell the Giulia with coloured calipers for a reason and that has nothing to do with age. Giulia is one of the few cars I have seen carry off the different coloured calipers better than any other car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes that does look nice
Is the comp red worth the extra do you think over the Alfa Red ?
Colour is very much down to personal taste. I'm not sure that Competizione red adds a significant premium to a used car but it is the only colour unique to the Quadrifoglio in the Giulia range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Colour is very much down to personal taste. I'm not sure that Competizione red adds a significant premium to a used car but it is the only colour unique to the Quadrifoglio in the Giulia range.
The Competizione red is a fantastic eye popping one while the Rosso is quite plain (and it isn't even metallic). I wish they'd had this option on the Veloce 2+ years ago when I bought mine, I chose the Vesuvio Grey instead.

There are two Alfa Rosso where I live: a Giulia & a Stelvio. And its a plain pastel/solid color with no sheen or reflection on it. These cars weren't exactly clean - which made it look even worse.

Get the Competizione red, it'll put a smile on your face. Can't put a price on that ;)

Edit: And go with the yellow calipers with the Competizione red. Fantasic combo!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is the comp red worth the extra do you think over the Alfa Red ?
In my opinion yes. No regrets over paying the extra for mine.
Below pic which shows really nicely the gold base coat shining through in the sunlight.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You sir then are too old and need a Jaguar ;)
But seriously though, Alfa sell the Giulia with coloured calipers for a reason and that has nothing to do with age. Giulia is one of the few cars I have seen carry off the different coloured calipers better than any other car.
Well I am 70 so you may have a point and I do quite like Jags. :eek: It's also good to have an alternative as I do question if the Alfa brand is robust enough to weather this V storm.

The reason they sell the coloured option is that they can make £450 just for putting a different coloured paint in the paint gun, which think even you might accept is a bit of a rip-off.

On a serious note, the yellow ones seem to take a lot more keeping clean and a covering of brake dust does tend to spoil the effect.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Well I am 70 so you may have a point and I do quite like Jags. :eek: It's also good to have an alternative as I do question if the Alfa brand is robust enough to weather this V storm.

The reason they sell the coloured option is that they can make £450 just for putting a different coloured paint in the paint gun, which think even you might accept is a bit of a rip-off.

On a serious note, the yellow ones seem to take a lot more keeping clean and a covering of brake dust does tend to spoil the effect.
Initially the coloured caliper used to be around £250 to 300 which is not too bad..Until they decided to make more money as it was obviously a popular option.

Mine are yellow and they have been coated with ceramic protection from new so have been easy to keep clean after 3 years. I use Bilt hamber Fallout remover and Demon wheels cleaner and they look fine after every wash.

You are a bit younger than my dad so I will give you the respect and agree that coloured calipers are "boring". ;)

20200302_083229.jpg

·
Registered
883 Posts
Initially the coloured caliper used to be around £250 to 300 which is not too bad..Until they decided to make more money as it was obviously a popular option.

Mine are yellow and they have been coated with ceramic protection from new so have been easy to keep clean after 3 years. I use Bilt hamber Fallout remover and Demon wheels cleaner and they look fine after every wash.

You are a bit younger than my dad so I will give you the respect and agree that coloured calipers are "boring". ;)

View attachment 934356
You cheeky young whippersnapper and to think I fought in WW1 for the likes of you. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
No I,m thinking of changing my car and Beechdale have a couple but both have the yellow calipers which I'm not sure goes with red ,
I like the yellow with a blue car
Wouldn’t they have to match the current caliper colour for Mrs Hector not to notice the change (again)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Although all colors of calipers goes pretty good with the colors of paint that Alfa have in the range at this point, I would dare to say yellow calipers looks better.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Mine went from the standard silver to yellow with red Brembo stickers about 18 months ago.....Mrs Afaitalia has still not noticed!!!
Mine went from 17" wheels to 19" QF style wheels and missus has not noticed since an year! My 9yo boy however noticed it the same day. Hector is safe....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts