Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of renovating some Brembo calipers, I bought a couple of tins of VHT paint in red but they seem to be more red/orange than the deep red the old calipers were. What is paint should I be using to get that lovely deep red colour on the Brembos?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
last time i did a set i used a tin of halfrauds caliper paint. that was pretty good. although it would have benefitted with a coat of laquer. has anyone seen any caliper lacquer?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
It was good stuff but needed more than 1 coat to remove the brush marks and because it took 12 hours (I think) between coats you need to plan a whole weekend to do it. You dont want to be using the car between coats or you'll have to clean them up again.

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used Foliatec on my 156 Foliatec Brake Caliper Paint
It was a much deeper red than the high temperature sprays and looked right
Cheers rmaxeman, for the response, looks like the stuff I actually need. Just cleaning up the the old loose/chipped paint on the spare calipers that I have at the moment.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i have thankfully (depending on which way you look at it!) got access to my in laws volvo estate for the next few months, so will be able to really take my time. will post pics up on completion.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I used Halfords caliper paint. It wa a bit of a pain to use but I was very happy with the results.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
that looks great dude :thumbs: i am def going to have to get my backside in gear now i have seen what the finished result looks like!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
they are from ebay (well, that's where mine were from) i got a whole load, so when i have done mine, if there are any left i will drop you a PM and maybe send them to you? not sure what the postage would be like, but the remaining stickers would be free to you mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
There is a guy who sells Brembo red caliper touch up paint on ebay.....I think for the Mitsubishi Evo

·
Registered
767 Posts
they are from ebay (well, that's where mine were from) i got a whole load, so when i have done mine, if there are any left i will drop you a PM and maybe send them to you? not sure what the postage would be like, but the remaining stickers would be free to you mate :thumbs:
Wow, mate! That's really really really kind of you. Do PM me when you don't need them anymore. Btw- are they stickers?

Oh, if you ever come to Slovenia, the drinks are on me :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
no problems mate, anything to help out a fellow alfisti :thumbs: from what i can tell from the instructions, they are some sort of transfer type stickers, but heat resistant so they don't burn off when the calipers get hot. i will be doing my calipers within the next 3 or 4 weeks, so if i haven't pm'd you by march, give me a nudge! my memory is crap these days!!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Another vote for Foliatec paint. Good stuff, you get two tins, one paint and one hardener. If you get the decals from "Ubernine" on e-bay (highly recommended) the instructions suggest adding a coat of laquer over them if you plan on jet washing. I put a few coats of VHT laquer on mine, although I hadn't waited long enough for the paint to dry and it caused slight bleed. Still looks good though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts