Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get these from apart from Alfa themselves?
They are M6 caged in a rectangle hole.
I also need M8 caged for the bonnet adjusters.
Mine are completely mullered after I had to drill them out. :thinking:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Reactions: nigxl and wal5

·
Registered
328 Posts
I haven’t used these but I saved them in my watch list on eBay after a recommendation on here as I’ve got at least one headlight bolt that needs drilling out but it hasn’t got to the top of my jobs to do list. Did you have any problems drilling out the bolts and what drill bit did you use?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-M8-CA...EEL-SERVER-RACK-CABINET-PC-NUTS-/361735792768
Bit of a hijack but thank you for this, I've had the same problem with mine and was going to start to look for replacements.

Absolute pain to get off but I managed in the end by using various hand tools on the passenger side and a 13mm (I think) socket on a wobble bar on drivers side for the underneath part with an Irwin bolt grip socket on the bolt head, would probably have been quicker drilling them out though.

Found the passenger side the hardest to get off as it was really difficult to get anything underneath, drivers side is definitely easier.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t used these but I saved them in my watch list on eBay after a recommendation on here as I’ve got at least one headlight bolt that needs drilling out but it hasn’t got to the top of my jobs to do list. Did you have any problems drilling out the bolts and what drill bit did you use?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-M8-CA...EEL-SERVER-RACK-CABINET-PC-NUTS-/361735792768
No problems drilling them out, just center Punch and 4mm then 5mm bits. Cheers

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bit of a hijack but thank you for this, I've had the same problem with mine and was going to start to look for replacements.

Absolute pain to get off but I managed in the end by using various hand tools on the passenger side and a 13mm (I think) socket on a wobble bar on drivers side for the underneath part with an Irwin bolt grip socket on the bolt head, would probably have been quicker drilling them out though.

Found the passenger side the hardest to get off as it was really difficult to get anything underneath, drivers side is definitely easier.
My outer pass side came off by taking Off the washer tank and the bonnet adjuster, then you can get an 11mm spanner on.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My outer pass side came off by taking Off the washer tank and the bonnet adjuster, then you can get an 11mm spanner on.

Both inner bolts needed drilling and and then using bolt extractor.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Reckon these will need to be modified, I've ordered both sizes so will post back.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Worked a treat.
It's easier if you take the horns off so you can use both hands if needed.
Also I used a scriber to squeeze the sprung tabs.
Cheers

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts