Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadwell trackday with 164 Cloverleaf - Very fast and very funny, why don't they make them like that anymore? £600 Ebay bargain treated to many laps and then driven home with no problems!
I have toured cadwell in some fast cars but the 164 has been the most entertaining, I was going to sell it but now having second thoughts!
164 - Retro legend!:lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will post pics soon, the 146 is having a rebuild, thats the one in my user profile photo. I will get the 164 pics back this week.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Took my Cloverleaf 24v to a trackday at Bedford Autodrome some years ago .It turned out to be an expensive day - the cambelt failed just before I got there!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it was a good price, its done 129k, Some of the paint is a bit rough but that not a great issue. Most things work and the engine and box are perfect, it does look better in the photos! Its the second bargain Alfa I have bought this month. We just bought a low miles 2001 V6 spider for £3200, I can't find one cheaper than that! Sod the fuel, it has to be a V6, anything else does not sound right!

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
I love 164s in black. :cool: Car.

*whispers* nicer than the 166 that replaced it too :eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ive had a couple of 12v Cloverleafs in black ,one of which had been treated to Autodelta chip ,performance exhaust ,Autodelta spring kit ,an induction kit and 17" DTM style wheels .It looked awesome ,went even better and sounded INCREDIBLE. Real window down job ,wherever you were!Fuel consumption suffered a bit though....
Sold it do a young lad who hadnt had it long when he was t-boned by an ambulance on a 999 call .I think the engine might have ended up in a Stratos rep ,not sure .The remains were advertised on the Cloverleaf register for a while.It was a real shame - probably the best 12v one i had.
There cant be many Cloverleafs around now only ever about 400 imported ,IIRC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts