Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon guys,

I've just bought a box from eBay for the 147 that emulates a CD changer, but has capability to play from USB, SD and aux.

Now the box works perfectly with the standard head unit, but I'm at a loss how to route the cable and box.

Any advise on how to locate this in the glovebox? Or suggestions on a more suitable place?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Plenty of room behind the head unit I'd guess for the box. Then it shouldn't be too difficult to run an aux in lead to inside the glove box or to a phone cradle.

V

·
0 Posts
I'm not in a position to be able to check at the moment, but from memory you'll see a little light unit to the RHS of the glovebox interior. What I did was to carefully prise this out - with a small screwdriver - into the glovebox (with its cable still attached), leaving a rectangular hole. The body of the glovebox is a kind of stiff fibreboard around 3mm thick. In the furthest corner of this rectangular hole I carefully cut away a little of the material with a sharp Stanley knife (mind your fingers!), just enough to enable the cable of the box to pass through without being unduly pinched when the light is refitted.

Possibly not the most elegant way of doing it, but fairly neat and because of the lip of the light unit, leaving virtually no visible damage should you wish to remove the cable in the future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys.

Ended up popping the glovebox light out and dropping the box through. No glovebox light but no cutting involved either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts