Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the thick cable that is protected by a foam cover in the boot is for ??
it has 2 spade connectors on it so it looks like somesort of speaker cable ?????
mine is just sitting there on cable clips just under the parcel shelf at the back ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty sure its for an optional 3rd brake light, you do mean the one that sits on the crossmember under the felt?

wrinx

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't think it's for a brake light, I've tested it and there runs no power trough it when breaking unless there is a second relais to power it that needs mounting, I thought it was used for amplifiing the antenna signal, as I do not have that booster I don't know

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think its definitely an antenna booster cable used whrn the antenna was in the screen :p
alan
- - - - - - - -
keep her clean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've put an amp meter to it and there is no power running thru this cable. its sits on cable clips on the crossmember at the back but is visible.
if its an antenna booster does anyone know how i connect it up cos my reception is pretty poor with the aerial in the rear screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts