Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm rebuilding my 04' GT JTD gearbox (the C630 one, not M32) and couldn't find instructions for shimming and preload values for the main shaft and lay shaft.
I noticed in the eLearn that shimming instructions and preload value are specified for the differential (+0,12mm) but not for the gearbox shafts. In any case different shafts shims are available from the dealer, so I think shimming is a must after changing the bearings.

¿Does anyone know something about shafts pre-load values or shimming instructions?.

Regards.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Make a note of where you take the existing shim out and reuse it when you rebuild it.

The shim is to allow for tolerance in the casing, not the diff itself as these are much more accurately made so the original shim will be fine as long as your using the same casing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i saw u have changed the gearbox bearings. Could you toss me their part numbers, cause I can see only two of them?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Make a note of where you take the existing shim out and reuse it when you rebuild it.

The shim is to allow for tolerance in the casing, not the diff itself as these are much more accurately made so the original shim will be fine as long as your using the same casing.
Old post, same question...

As I am going to combine a JTDm gearbox housing with a V6 flywheel housing I am interested in the preload procedure for the C630.
I have some ideas of my own. Maybe there are better ideas..

My idea:
fit only one shaft at a time and measure the gap with feeler gauges between the gearbox and flywheel housing. When both are set than all can go back in together.
First thing what would be needed to know: what is the preload...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts