Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, got a abs/vdc failure warning on the dash after rebuilding the rear suspension due to fitting new shocks and radius arms.

Error code c1216 - rear left speed sensor.

Now my question is this which side is it, is it the drivers or passenger side sensor?

Only reason I ask is, did have to use extreme heat to get the radius arm bolts out and did notice I had accidentally melted the insulation on the drivers( offside sensor).

So is it left standing at the front if the car facing it( which would make it the offside/ drivers sender - the one I've damaged) or is it sitting in the drivers seat which would make the rear left sensor the passenger side sensor?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I would say its left as passenger side. but what you can do is unplug the 1 you damaged and see if it comes up with a new error then you will know for sure

good luck

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
I never understand why people get confused as to what side left or right is on a car.

If you have a normal RHD UK car, you wouldn't stand in front of it and say it was left hand drive.....!!

"Left" or "Right" is always the same no matter what side the driver sits, so more reliable than saying "passenger side" or "near side".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts