Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
we had sky at home and got cheesed off with being ripped off , we now have a humax pvr on free sat and its fine .
the only mensh i would make is get one with a massive storage capacity 500 gb min .

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Same as Hilift, Humax Freesat+ PVR with, I think, 1 Tb of recording.

Connects to your existing Sky dish. I just installed a second cable from the dish to the box. The GUI is not as good as Sky, but you get used to it.

Haven't had Sky since the kids left home, years ago.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Well done! :thumbs:

I had a Humax for Sat.

But have been using a PC hooked up to
the TV for he past 4 years.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Never had the slightest inclination to get Sky in the past, and now she has allowed me to have a new Samsung smart TV (for me' Burfday ;) ) that gets both Freesat and Freeview it's quite sufficient entertainment for this old lethargic Dog who drops off to sleep by the minute? :D

Not sure I really like the curved screen as much as the flat one on our old Sony HD? :confused:

Best was a usal system rotational dish coupled to a Technomate 'bout ten years ago with a couple of 'Fun' cards to pop in the slot? :D

Past all of that sort of thing now,as I'm just a sort of clapped out dozey happy chappie with not a care in the world really. :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Thinking of ditching Sky at the moment too. The only reason before for keeping it was the boy and his kiddy programs and now he doesn't seem to be watching any of them. So it'll be Freesat via a Humax box along with our Freeview equivalent for local programs. We watch the odd thing on Dave but they have a catch-up service we can access on PC/tablet.

·
Registered
13,247 Posts
Does the Humungous have twin F-connectors on the back? I'm trying to work out the best way to connect my dish (which has 2 x twin cables coming off it.. one for the kitchen and one for the living room) to my new telly (in the living room but only possessing a DIN socket).

I don't "do" Sky or any of that other £600 a year nonsense. You could buy a half-decent 156 for that money.. :D :clap:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Does the Humungous have twin F-connectors on the back? I'm trying to work out the best way to connect my dish (which has 2 x twin cables coming off it.. one for the kitchen and one for the living room) to my new telly (in the living room but only possessing a DIN socket).

I don't "do" Sky or any of that other £600 a year nonsense. You could buy a half-decent 156 for that money.. :D :clap:

Ralf S.

F-connectors are the standard fit for all satellite kit be it Sky, Freesat or unbranded vanilla TV by satellite.

You'll either need a box which can receive the signals and then transmit to a non F connector enabled TV or a TV with an F connector at each point the dish feeds in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9,856 Posts

Ralf S.
Some receivers have twin inputs and some don't. The ones that do will be able to record.

I'm looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-HDR-...?ie=UTF8&qid=1493802900&sr=8-1&keywords=humax

Ideally I'd like to be able to record and then watch back on a tablet/computer like Sky Q but I haven't come across anything like that for Freesat.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts