Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 2 year of pleasure, fun, figthing and maintaining. My 155 has left me :cry:

I had to sell my car, due to my emmigration from the Netherlands to Finland. So my father just called me that the 155 was sold to another Alfa fanatic.

I feel really strange now, I knew that my 155 was always more then a car for me, I took good care of it and it took good care of me (it broke only once!). As if it felt that it was going to be sold, it broke last week when my father was test-driving it :( but now, after fixing somebody took it away from me.

I hope that my 155 gets the same treatment of the new owner as it got from me. And that it will live on for a long time.

I'm going to stay alone for a while, cars are expensive and the public transport is cheap, but next summer maybe, or for sure in january (when I'm back in NL), I'm going to find myself a nice Alfa Romeo again :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Bad luck, mate, hope there's another one in your not too distant future.

PS: I saw a green 155 at a car lot this morning and am now thinking of firing up the 156 twinny to take a drive out for a closer look. Scared I might get hooked, though...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Commiserations! There's always a positive side to these sort of stories. I have been Alfaless for nearly three years now because of a similar situation. Moved ffrom London to Abu Dhabi. But now I am poised to get a Brera or 159.

Sooner than you think you'll be going to drive away in a different one.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to sell :(, but lets hope you're be back in an Alfa soon :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yeah, it's tough saying goodbye to a car you loved :(

I cried (real man tears, mind) when my twinny drove off with the new owner. My whole family turned out to wave the car off, and my three year old asked for weeks afterwards "Where did the Alfa go, Daddy?" :eek:

At least we both provided loving homes for our cars, so you have that consolation. :cool:

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,152 Posts
Too bad she had to go...
As a couple peops already mentioned: you have a new car to look forward to :D in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I received an email of the wife of the new owner, she could understand why it was so hard to say goodbye to the car. She loved the car, but not as much as her husband, she told that it looks as if he's married again :p

That made me feel a lot better already.

I'm going to look for a 156 or 147 when I'm moving back to NL, but this is not before Februari 2008 :( Today I regretted even more that I sold my 155, because I found out that there is a very, VERY cheap racing class especially for AR's (only 200 euro's each race). Maybe that my mate and I are going to join that with a 75 or 155 :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts