Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with much sadness that I have to announce that I'm no longer an Alfa owner. My trust, much loved 155 has been sold and replaced with a '55 plate Passat TDi.
The Alfa needed too much money spending on her and I simply can't afford to do it again this year. So sensible head took over and decided to replace her.

I really will miss her but needs must.
I did contemplate another Alfa but again sensible head dragged me away. Not sure if I will ever get another but who knows?:cry:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Not sure I get this one :confused: After all the 155 was 12 years old and you could have gone for a 55 plate GT jtd I reckon and had a pretty and reliable car.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My trusty, much loved 155 has been sold and replaced with a '55 plate Passat TDi.
The Alfa needed too much money spending on her and I simply can't afford to do it again this year. So sensible head took over and decided to replace her.

I did contemplate another Alfa but again sensible head dragged me away.
Sounds to me like your "sensible head" is talking bllx , mate .
Have you seen the typical charges for a straight-forward service on a weasel-engined VW ? :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well it would have been sold if only the 2, yes 2 prospective buyers had bothered to show. Why are people so inconsiderate?
Therefore it is 'for sale' again, in FS section and pistonheads.
please check it out

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Is it the one in the Avatar? That one looks worth saving. A whole heap of '55's from the 155 org came in together at the Auto Italia doodah at Stamford Hall.. they did look rather magnificent (even for Wide-bodies :D).

Thinks: What would the collective noun be for a bunch of Wide-bodies?

A lard of wide-bodies..? :tut:
A widey of wide-bodies..? :eek:
A Lopez of wide-bodies..? :D
A booty of wide-bodies..? :thumbs:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
well it would have been sold if only the 2, yes 2 prospective buyers had bothered to show. Why are people so inconsiderate?
Therefore it is 'for sale' again, in FS section and pistonheads.
please check it out
I remember I made an appointment to see a Porsche 928 I was thinking of buying. At the last minute I thought - nah I dont feel like going to see it I cant really afford the purchase price and then the upkeep etc etc. Unfortunately I didnt call the owner and say I wasnt coming to see the car.

WELL !! I then got a call from the owners wife who proceeded to say how rude and inconsiderate I was for not turning up to my appointment :rant:

I was just stunned at her attitude she was so frustrated I guess trying to sell the car and I was probably the 10th person that didnt show up !!

Motto of this story is - If you dont feel like buying a Porsche - Dont ! - but expect an earful from the owners Wife !!!:rant::rant: :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it the one in the Avatar? That one looks worth saving. A whole heap of '55's from the 155 org came in together at the Auto Italia doodah at Stamford Hall.. they did look rather magnificent (even for Wide-bodies :D).

Ralf S.
Yes it is the one in the avatar, but that was taken some 2.5 years ago. Paintwork has faded and laquer started peeling in places....very very sad:(

·
Banned
467 Posts

Ralf S.
What about a 'girth' of widebodies?

or a 'Moss' of skinnies

·
Registered
232 Posts
I do feel for you Chris and completely understand :cry:

Looks like mine may possibly be getting rid of when the MOT comes round. It need a bit of welding underneath and have been quoted £400 as the seats, carpet and fuel tank need too come out :( Not too mention the new exhaust, front drop links, rear brakes and a couple of tyres :confused:

Speaking of which if anyone has the above for a 1.8 8V please let me know. . . Exhaust especially, can't find one easily :s

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
It need a bit of welding underneath and have been quoted £400 as the seats, carpet and fuel tank need too come out.
Are you sure the tank needs to come out ? Where are the holes?
I had to have some welding done to mine this year...
Front drivers side had holes near the crossmember that the seat bolts to.
Rear both sides holes where the rear seat and floor meet.
Not surprising as there are built in holes in the car in the first place !!
I managed to get all 3 patched for £150, although I did strip the interior myself.
I had a big moment of panic when the mot'er said there was rust in the floor, plus a couple
of advisables, almost thought about giving her up...
Then I looked at her, and thought I can spend a couple of hundred pounds on her, and get her back on the road for at least another few years, or struggle to come up with more money to buy another car, which would still need to have money spent every year to keep it on the road.
So off to the welders she went, and now lives to fight another year

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
sorry to hear that Chris, if you want a reliable car, by alfa standards I think the later 146's are not bad, get a 146Ti and you might come close to that sweet sweet 155 feeling..........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts