Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy as today I have bought a 51 plate 166TS in silver with black leather. High mileage at 101K but full history with clutch and cambelt done 5000 miles ago. It is also 6 speed with Zenons and phone slot. Am i right in thinking the phone prep isn't much use nowadays? I got it for £1800 with 12 months MOT. I guess i could have a got a lower mileage for probably even less, but it was within a mile of where I live and does seem a sorted older 166. Im just well chuffed to be back in a 166. A few minor issues like rear window slow to open and shut, and loose drivers window switch, but I guess eay thing to sort. Collect friday, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Congrats - is that the one you looked at yesterday. If so, impressive haggling ;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
not sure if it counts, but I use the built in phone all the time. congrats for your new car, any pics (even from the seller's site)?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Nice one!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cheers all! Yes Dougie that is the car, feel a little lazy really as it was so close. The car sticker price was on at a stupidly high £2995, on line was £2495. I just asked what was the lowest price he would accept with 12 months mot and I tax it myself, he came back with 2 and I then pointed out the lower mileage, lower price cars on line. I offered £1800, looked at me feet, kept quiet and he accepted. Maybe he was eager to get rid. Anyway they sold the car two years ago, part exed it back. I also managed to talk to the owner and he vouched for it, but then he would I guess. All in all Im very happy. Wise words on the tax by the way, no longer an issue. Will post some pics but its only a standard TS. I may fork out for some GTA alloys, has anybody bought from them? Also how do I change what member car I've got? Can no longer pretend I have a FL. When I went to first look at it on Sunday I couldnt believe I had managed to knock about in a Mondeo for 6 months. Dont people realise what beautys these cars are!!!!!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Good buy Nick ! :D

(I was trying to figure out the F/l thing to !)

Go into profile, then edit profile, I think it's in there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts