Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the deed is done, the GT after 12 months of faith restoration has convinced me to have yet another Alfa and this time its going to be quite a change: 1.8 petrol to 2.0 diesel, black to grey, coupe to hatchback.

I suppose I shouldn't be suprised that the GT has brought me back to my senses, after straying into waters shaded by four rings, who would not be seduced by the beautiful lines, the real GT presence, the sound, the seats? Not to mention it's absolute reliability and it's feeling of solidity that belied the fact that we were now entering our fifth year.

Trouble is circumstances change and in order to taxi the young and the old (let alone the infirm), an extra pair of doors is a necessity.

So shortly, I shall be driving around in a Giulietta - a move to the dark side too, back to the Millers me thinks!!

One thing though, I do have a spare blackline alloy, straight, not bent nor with flat spots, probablywould benefit from a refurb with a Pirelli PZero on it with about 3mm left on it. I put it in the spare wheel well and it fitted just - with the polystyrene spacers taken out of the bottom and the carpet about 1/2' proud. It's on ebay at the moment....but if you're interested its 280779568082 or search for it, there aren't many out there.

Anyway, how could I justify getting those oversize exhaust tips???

G

·
0 Posts
Can't blame you on the move to diesel. I've just done it albeit a 3.2 to a 1.9 but 23mpg more!!!! The Giulietta is slowly growing on me and I think you have gone for the right colour (with red leather it is stunning). The GT is still number one in my eyes though in the looks department but you'll get over it quick enough no doubting :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right on every count although to be honest I had a look at one with red leather and it wasn't quite right: a little bit too shiny, too slippery and a bit like someone had switched the seats for some aftermarket ones. In the GT, the 147, 156, 159 the door trim matches the seats and it's a lot more coherent. I liked the idea of leather but to get anything that looked close to coherent it'd have to be black. Just a little bit disappointing & enough to make you say no thanks. Still, time will tell, they changed the mito on this score....

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Well done for staying in the fold Andy, I must say the Guiletta (I'll always pronounce it Gweelieta and I'll pronounce the new Guilia- Gweelia) is growing on me. I love it from the back, front on is getting nicer, the only bit I find tricky is the side profile at the front end, the wheel is too small compared to the wing above it, it looks top heavy, probably due to the Brussels Mafia putting constraints on design v safety. It'd be nice to see one with bigger wheels and lower profile tyres. oh, and they've made crap door cards.

Hate to say it, usually despise Japanese cars, but if the new Guilia looks anything like as good as this

Redirect Notice

I'm having one

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't disagree about the wheels. I liked the toys in the Lusso over the bits in the veloce, but the hardest thing to swallow would have been the 16" wheels. Why oh why they chose those 16's when they could have used the exact same design from the 159 in 17 I don't know. I think all the wheel sizes are about an inch too small on corresponding models - maybe to get people to buy the options??

It's hard though: the dark headlining makes for a dark interior and it took a bit of persuading to get my better half to agree on the veloce, that and the threat of changing the wheels on a Lusso!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts