Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in a surprise snow storm 30 miles away from Naples, on a downhill road with a red traffic light at the bottom at rush hour, and people who do not know how to drive on snow... I didn't have too much trouble stopping the Alfa, but the Fiat Seicento directly behind, though much lighter, went straight into my bumper! The left corner of it is totally shredded, so I need a new one. :rant: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rant:

I found prices for a new stock rear bumper around 250-300 euros in France, without delivery. :( Does that sound like a fair price? Supposedly Alfa's price is 330 euros... Has anyone bought a bumper from a breaker? Sounds paradoxical to me since bumpers must go pretty fast but... might as well ask.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Boy I feel like Freddie Mercury singing "Mamaaaaaa Oooooohooooohooo..." in Bohemian Rhapsody. Time for a glass of red wine. :(

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Doesnt sound like to too badder price, but remember delivery and painting will really add it up!!

I would get one from a breaker if you can find the right colour :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well with all the work (new bumper, bumper paint, fixing additional paint scratches from the accident, etc...) my bodyshop gave me an estimate of 800 euros after I told them the Alfa got rear-ended. They went the whole nine yards telling me the other guy's insurance company would most likely end up having to pay the whole thing.

(Apparently, the fact I took pictures on the spot seems to matter much more here in Italy than it does in France or the US.)

Anyway, since I can still drive my car around no prob, I'll wait until I actually get the check... You never know!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you don't make it with insurance, feel free to contact me
and I'll arange you new bumper from here, Italy is just over the
water ;)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QuadrifoglioSCG said:
If you don't make it with insurance, feel free to contact me
and I'll arange you new bumper from here, Italy is just over the
water ;)
Thanks Quadrifoglio! First I'll try to find and contact local breakers, but I sure might think about coming to Serbia at that price!!! :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally found a used rear bumper in good condition... plus an Alfa badge, two door panels, a leather gearknob, and other bits! For 80 euros!!! :)

Might be able to get my bodyshop to fix some of the dents and polish the whole car... Hopeful. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts