Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone had any experiences with Quinton Hazell wishbones on their Alfa Romeo?

I have been having a look around for prices - I have always used my local motor factors that use Firstline components for suspension, and they are asking £85 each for new lower arms.

EbSpares were asking £68 + VAT + Delivery on their wishbones, although I am unsure of the make of these.

BuyPartsBy.com, however, are offering lower wishbones (manufactured by QH) for £22.43 + VAT + Delivery. The only thing putting me off here is the price - they are eBay prices, although QH are a respected brand aren't they? But surely in most cases price reflects quality, and these are too cheap for my liking!

Has anyone had these fitted to their cars?

Many Thanks,
Tony.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I had them on my Fiat Coupe and currently have them on our Fiat bravo and they are ok.

However the 156 items are a slightly different design.

QH stuff is normally pretty good.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

Not that I've ever had lower wishbones from BuyPartsBy you understand, but everything I have had from them has been good quality stuff. Let's face it, given the amount of trouble upper and lower wishbones give they can't be any worse than original Alfa can they?

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had them on my Fiat Coupe and currently have them on our Fait bravo and they are ok.

However the 156 items are a slightly differebt design.

QH stuff is normally pretty good.
I thought that their stuff was pretty good too. I'm really not sure what to do about this, as the price does seem a bit low for a set of these arms. I've heard of all the eBay disasters when it comes to wishbones, and don't want to be changing them again in a few weeks!

Anyone else tried these arms?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up.

Not that I've ever had lower wishbones from BuyPartsBy you understand, but everything I have had from them has been good quality stuff. Let's face it, given the amount of trouble upper and lower wishbones give they can't be any worse than original Alfa can they?

All the best

Pub
I wouldn't know to be honest, as I have never tried OEM wishbones! I was always assured by my local factor that Firstline components were matched to OEM spec, but then again, they would say that wouldn't they!!

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I would much sooner use QH wishbones than some unbranded ones off ebay.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're not original arms to be honest, but yes that would have been an option had they been original!

·
Registered
80 Posts
My old car used to eat QH arms, so I opted to buy originals with the intention of polybushing them. Year later they were still good, rather than the QH which it ate in 3 months.
Sometimes it's is better to bit the bullet and buy originals over any pattern, I learnt that the hard way, but that was with a Ford and not an Alfa, things might be different around here.
Hopefully mine are original, if so they will get the polybush treatment 100%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts