Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just placed a deposit on a second-hand 159 and to ensure I get everything the car is supposed to have, what documentation came with the car when new? I assume a service book and owners manual but is there anything else?

Also, many keys are the cars supposed to have? Is there a security key as well?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Mine came with an owners manual, a service book and a manual for Blue and Me (obviously not applicable if yours does not have B&M). Two keys. Not sure what you mean by "security key".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
I was wondering if there was an extra key. On my last Porsche you got 2 normal keys and a third service key-you could drive the car with it but it started all of the systems.

·
Registered
779 Posts
2 Fob-Keys with pullout key inserts for when battery on a Fob-Key fails

1 Code Card with codes (blanked on image ;))to use with pullout key

There is no 'Valet' key (this is what you call a security key) to give to garages that might want to take your car for a spin :(

You should also get a small booket with your radio-code on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2 Fob-Keys with pullout key inserts for when battery on a Fob-Key fails

1 Code Card with codes (blanked on image ;))to use with pullout key

There is no 'Valet' key (this is what you call a security key) to give to garages that might want to take your car for a spin :(

You should also get a small booket with your radio-code on the back.
Awesome info, thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome info, thanks!

I'm not sure they give out the 'key code' card to uk cupplied cars? I beleive the guy with the black 159 is based in France.

Something to double check as I am not 100% on it but I called my servicing AR dealer (not the supplying AR dealer) to check if I should have this card and they said no. Something to do with the Thatcham security approval?

·
Registered
779 Posts
The list posted is the complete list , it may contain items that your model/version doesn't have.

C H Strikes is correct in that not all 159s have the code card, as the picture below from the manual states they are 'version/market' options. The card is used to get new 'metal' keys cut and to reprogram new electronic fob-keys. In the UK it is possible just turning up in the car at a dealer is enough to prove you own the car , in Europe they feel that anyone borrowing the car could go and order a spare key and then use it later when not authorised to use the car (hence the card ;))

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Seems that 'Model/Market' doesn't mean just Europe then , UK gets them as well. Maybe limited to some models or maybe it's a year thing (might explain why Alif has one and C H Strikes doesn't) ???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts