Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Ladies and Gents!

I am buying an Alfa, hopefully within the next few weeks. I am looking at the 147, 2 litre, but need some advice as to what to look for in second hand models, and advice on what parts are likely to go wrong.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Hi Romeo Rookie,
Welcome to AO.
I'm afraid I can't help you with what to look for in second hand 147's, but I think it would be the same as for most other nearly new cars. I'm sure someone on this forum will soon let you know :)
All I can say is I test drove the 147 2.0TS when I was first looking at Alfas and it would have been my second choice after the GT. It was so much fun to drive and reminded me a bit of a go-kart - so I'm sure you'll have a great time if you get one :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
buying a used 147 is pretty standard stuff. make sure it has full service history, it would be a bonus if it had the big service (cambelt change) out of the way. check that all electronics work properly, thoroughly test drive the car and look for exterior damage, HPI check etc!

if you are still uncertain then its good to print a checklist from the AA or parkers or autotrader site to bring with you when you check the car out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the welcome, and advice!:)

I am trying to stick to cars from a dealer with the full history and warranty package.

I really wanted a quality, enjoyable car that I wouldn't have to replace any time soon. After I saw a mate's 3.0 V6 GTV, I think that was it! Wasn't interested in anything but Alfa's after that!

Like a Go-Kart, eh? I am sure I'll enjoy that one! Being used to 4x4's, there's a limit to how fast you can chuck 'em around country lanes! The 147 should be much more enjoyanle to drive!

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts