Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Alfa Forum

I've sold my trusty Saab 900 and let my heart rule my head and bought an Alfa 156 1.8 TS Veloce 2 which I'm collecting this Friday. It's got 33k on the clock, looks lovely in silver, has black leather and I paid £4,600 which I hope is about right.

Really looking forward to driving it and enjoying the alfa ownership experience. I'd welcome any handy hints and tips about this car. One thing I'd like to know - is it really necessary to change the cambelt at 36k? Also, does anyone know of any independant alfa mechanics who they can recommend to service my car in the Worthing/Brighton area?

Looking forward to you comments...

Mark

M

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO Mark:) . To be honest I would advise having the cambelt changed just to be on the safe side. Otherwise if it does snap it could be costly:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this Mark . The service indicator has come on as well so I guess I'll get the cambelt and service done at 36k at the same time. Does anyone in AO know of anyone in W.Sussex they can recommend?

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
enjoy Mark - you won't own a prettier saloon.

you can search the threads on this site, Mark - absolutely invaluable.

I just did and it threw up someone recommending Monzasport (http://www.monzasport.co.uk/) who are in Ashington, West Sussex (if that's any good to you). Tel: +44 (0) 1903 893052

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hello Mark,
Wuz in Worthing in Sunday but didn't manage breakfast in Sea Lane Caff. Damm.
Sorry, not familiar with Alfa 'indies' in Sussex but the one in Ashington looks worth a call. Brighton is sure to have someone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for all you replies. Still haven't picked up the 156 yet as the paperwork wasn't ready. Should be OK for this week hopefully. I'll let everyone know when I pick her up and what I think.

All the best

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts