Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am new to all this but am going to look ata sud today to buy. its a 1.5 ti green cloverleaf. ad on aroc. Looks fairly sound and the guy says its been heavily waxoiled from new. Do you think it would be worth the 1750 he wants for it? and what areas should i look for rust?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Well , it depends of the ammount of rust hidden in the car. Usuall suspectcs are the arches, near window frames , under battery and be sure that you will check under the material on the floor inside .

K

·
0 Posts
if it is in as good condition as it sounds (just looked up the ad in aroc mag) then it will be worth the money.
if you want to know what areas to look for rust just have a look at my thread :lol: most areas have it :rolleyes:
from the number on the listing it's one of steve parrys' cars (mr sud), he finds some crackers so if he says it is a good one then it will be :cool:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
my white one that i own now was owned by steve parry as well and if the person that is coming down from the midlands tomorrow to buy my sud tix dosent then steve parry is coming to look at it saturday.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Steve's prices are usually pretty fair from what I can see, and he knows the cars inside out.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it is steve, and he seems like a sound guy on the phone.
Was going to look at it this weekend but he is going away to buy a black tix. (Must be yours). I was originally looking for a big project as just got house with double garage, then read kevs posts on his project and thought there is no way i have the skills or the patience to do that. Will keep you posted on if i buy it or not and will post some pics of it when i buy . oh i mean if i buy. If anyone is interested.

K

·
0 Posts
Was going to look at it this weekend but he is going away to buy a black tix. (Must be yours). I was originally looking for a big project as just got house with double garage, then read kevs posts on his project and thought there is no way i have the skills or the patience to do that. Will keep you posted on if i buy it or not and will post some pics of it when i buy . oh i mean if i buy. If anyone is interested.
yes mate, we are all interested :cool:
steve does know the sud/sprint very well so i'm sure you will like the car and buy it ;) post pics when you can :thumbs:
having a double gargae will be handy as there will still be 'fettling' to do to keep your hand in, even if its just wax-oyling once a year.
just be pleased you are not going down the same route as me, it is a lot of work, and probably a lot more than is sensible with my one, but i enjoy it :rolleyes: at the end of it all i won't have saved any money doing it this way (daren't total up what i have spent so far, but it passed £1k a while back :eek: ) but i am doing it for the enjoyment and the pride to be able to say that i built it :cool:

just ask me in another year when its still being finished if i feel the same :lol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah there is no way i could of done what your doing. your skills with the welder are most impressive. Just think when you have finished you will happy in the knowledge that you have done it all yourself, Every nut and weld! In a way i wish i was going to do the same but i know i would not have the patience. i would just want to get the baby on the road. Keep up the good work. Think the job you did on the engine was awesome! looks really nice.

K

·
0 Posts
yeah there is no way i could of done what your doing. your skills with the welder are most impressive. Just think when you have finished you will happy in the knowledge that you have done it all yourself, Every nut and weld! In a way i wish i was going to do the same but i know i would not have the patience. i would just want to get the baby on the road. Keep up the good work. Think the job you did on the engine was awesome! looks really nice.
thanks mate, kind words ;) but i'm not that good really, i know a lot of people that could have done a far better job, and quicker, but i'm happy enough with it :thumbs:

patience though :rolleyes: that's the biggest problem :( the urge to just put the engine & box back in and go for a blast is strong, doors or no doors :lol: the engine is covered up to stop the temptation :lol:

hope the sud you go to look at is a good one, you will buy it though whatever it is :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
someone beat steve to my sud tix ,he came all the way from the midlands and also has two more suds a b reg green cloverleaf and a 4 door sud also and he paid the £1000 asking price also.:thumbs: .
sad to see it go but i cannot afford two sud and as my white mk2 is in good condition and quite rare im happy i still have a sud and pleased its going to a good home.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
i knew it would sell as it was not a bad car i could have started driving it as soon as i got it but i always had other things to buy as with three kids there is always something to get so my car took a backseat, but with the white one any overtime i do or get a tip its going on the white sud .:thumbs: not that it need a lot but there is a few rust scabs that need doing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well done with the sale, Car looked mint. £1000 seems cheep did it need much doing to it? Am going over to look at this red ti on Monday after work. Hope its a good one!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
well done with the sale, Car looked mint. £1000 seems cheep did it need much doing to it? Am going over to look at this red ti on Monday after work. Hope its a good one.
hi john ,y black sud tix had a rust scab near the petrol flap thats needs doing,a bit round the hatch just above the rear lights that will need cutting out and few other bits but as i wanted aquick sell i priced it at a grand to go.
hope the car you look at is a good one which im sure it will be keep us informed as to how it goes.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts