Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance had her Corsa stolen a few weeks back, shes now in a position to buy another car and likes the look of the 146, but not the 145! A few questions before we start looking though!

1) Shes alittle short at 5 foot 2 inches, so seating position is important! Would she be able to get a decent seating position and reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel?
2) Whats visibilty like? Any bad blind spots?
3) Any specific points on the car I should look for? Faults?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
  1. Seating on these cars is quite high so no real problems with short people seeing over the steering wheel. Most people actually have a problem with being too high up even with the seat set on the lowest position. Don't forget these cars were designed by Italians for Italians who are generally short people. The best thing to do is for her to go and have a sit in one and see what she thinks.
  2. With the boot on the 146 like it's had a bus reversed into it, the view isn't great because the boot comes quite high up and the window is quite narrow so yes there are blind spots on the 146 when reversing. The 145's have a much better all round view at the rear and with a vertical back you know exactly where you are ;)
  3. Buyers guides can be found HERE and HERE.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
mrs purple is 5'1" and gets on fine with her 145, so the 146 will be just as good.

The rest, as GE says, plus if you have a 2.0ti,the spoiler on the boot may restrict visibility even more.

But the 146 is generally cheaper to buy and there are more of them about.

HTH

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, She definately wants a 146, a 1.6 ts to keep the insurance down. so, its out looking at the weekend!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Your Fiance has taste, she's after my car, but she can't have it, if your near me though she's welcome to test it out and feel how it should fit and feel, considering a JTS owner thought it was a 2.0 when I did a 2nd gear pull off through to 60 in 9 seconds, I think he was shocked that it could do it more than the time it took.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your Fiance has taste, she's after my car, but she can't have it, if your near me though she's welcome to test it out and feel how it should fit and feel, considering a JTS owner thought it was a 2.0 when I did a 2nd gear pull off through to 60 in 9 seconds, I think he was shocked that it could do it more than the time it took.
That would be great, but I think your miles away from me. Im in Coventry, west midlands

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
if you are after a 1.6, make sure you get a Junior, those have a 1.6 engine, but with the 2.0 suspension, quick rack, skirts etc. The prices are barely any different as only those on places like here know what a Junior is.

HTH

·
Registered
126 Posts
if you are after a 1.6, make sure you get a Junior, those have a 1.6 engine, but with the 2.0 suspension, quick rack, skirts etc. The prices are barely any different as only those on places like here know what a Junior is.

HTH
Do the facelifted ones also have this? As mine (99) has disks all round which are apparently the same size as the TI/QV, and skirts/spoiler. :confused:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
The facelift models all have the quick rack and uprated suspension, the other stuff was optional but most 1.6TS' have it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The rest, as GE says, plus if you have a 2.0ti,the spoiler on the boot may restrict visibility even more.

The spoiler doesn't really get in the way I know I have a 146ti.....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts