Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all

After much success with my 156 V6 another family member has fallen in love with the alfa marque

Because of our current strong dollar is has become very attractive to purchase and ship to NZ a near new 159 from the UK.

The plan is a near new 159 ti 2.4 in either manual or auto.

Few questions.
1. Are there any dealers to stay away from?
2. Is the 2.4 worth the premium over the 1.9?
3. How does the auto stack up against the manual? personal preferences/experiences?
4. What options would be best to look for?
5. Known faults issues?
and lastly, because of the fact that there isnt many to preview here regarding colour combinations. Currently like the look of the black ones!

All help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
506 Posts
greetings all

After much success with my 156 V6 another family member has fallen in love with the alfa marque

Because of our current strong dollar is has become very attractive to purchase and ship to NZ a near new 159 from the UK.

The plan is a near new 159 ti 2.4 in either manual or auto.

Few questions.
1. Are there any dealers to stay away from?
2. Is the 2.4 worth the premium over the 1.9?
3. How does the auto stack up against the manual? personal preferences/experiences?
4. What options would be best to look for?
5. Known faults issues?
and lastly, because of the fact that there isnt many to preview here regarding colour combinations. Currently like the look of the black ones!

All help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Hi there,

I was after a black 159SW last year and only didn't go for it due to the crazy finance quotes I was given by Alfa UK for new/nearly new at the time.

Few answers to the above from the research I did, you'll be better off posting this on the 159 forum:
1. Dealers - ALOT better now than 2-4yrs ago, many of the [email protected] franchises have been binned. I spoke to Mangoletsi (v big), Meridien Milano (near me) and Desira who were all on the ball.
2. I was after the TI spec with the new 1750 petrol engine which has good reviews on here if a bit thirsty and souless (I was coming from a 147GTA though!). Others probably know more than me but the 2.4 is thirsty for a diesel but can be easily mapped upto 250/260bhp. Go for the later 210bhp version rather than the 200bhp. 1.9 I had as a hire car will never set the world on fire but I guess it would also be mapped to make it more 'fun'.
3. would go for manual, auto is pretty rare and not the best box compared to other makes.
4. Definitely TI spec. Upto model year 2010, leather was standard, also gets the lovely 19" wheels and most bells and whistles
5. Faults? Best to ask on the 159 forum. Beleive there's issues on the DPF on diesels

1 - 2 of 2 Posts