Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am considering of buying a GT as a first car :cool: However, I was wondering what your thoughts are on buying a 2004 GT with a somewhat higher mileage (150,000 km or about 90,000 miles) on it?

I expect to drive around 30,000 km or 20,000 miles a year with it. What can I expect in terms of maintenance with such a car? Will I be paying loads of cash to keep it driving? ;)

Thanks!
Erik

(Great forum btw!!!)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome to the AO Forum!

As long as it's had regular servicing and had the cambelt changed at the right interval, it shouldn't be a problem. It's probably worth checking for any clonks or knocks which are likely to be wishbone, drop links or ARB bushes. It might be a way of negotiating the price down too!! ;) Worth checking to see how the bite point is on the clutch too at that mileage.

As long as you keep it serviced correctly and don't drive it stupidly, it should hopefully serve you well for a good few years.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer Mark! Makes me feel a little bit better about buying one. You know how everyone seems to have a negative opinion about Alfa's ;)

Any other thoughts? :)

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thanks for your answer Mark! Makes me feel a little bit better about buying one. You know how everyone seems to have a negative opinion about Alfa's ;)

Any other thoughts? :)

Thanks,
Erik
That was good advice from Mark - also bear in mind the engine must be pretty good as Saab and Vauxhall are both happy to use it ! :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought a diesel GT with 75000 miles on the clock. I have just replaced cambelt and water pump, and just changed the master and slave cylinders apart from that it feels as good as new. Like the colour of the GT by the way. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts