Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

You may remember I was on here having had a 1750 TISW but sold it back in May to get my hands on a Busso GT.

I'm going to keep the GT as it's something I just can't sell now, however with the young family I just need the extra space back and am missing the 159 ownership!

After a bit of time searching for other branded wagons (including great deals currently out on Skoda Octavia vRS estates), I decided you just cannot beat Alfa 159 wagons in the style and rarity department. Such a nice place to sit!

I've found a lovely Idaco grey 2.0 jtdm TI. Took it for a spin yesterday and am almost done with the deal. It's a 10 plate and although it's done 100K miles, I've checked the paperwork and all seems to be in order. Timing belt just done in September and going to get mot extension, new pirellis in all corners and extended warranty. I like the fact I'll get more than mid 20s mpg from it and think road tax is quite good?!

1 owner post alfa company ownership from new. Any issues with remapping this at 100k? Should I anticipate and have Autolusso look at replacing it with sports filter just in case? Having had the 2.4 before not sure I'd take the DPF out this time- seemed to make quite a smell and smoked on start up.

Thoughts appreciated!

Cheers,
Iain :smoker:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
That is a bit crazy thinking you can go from 159 to a gt with a young family. I guess it must have been a mid life crisis lol.

Although I can understand why you don't want to sell the GT,I know we clearly both have the same taste :thumbup::thumbup:.

As for the 2.0 I cannot really comment as I've not driven one but since you've own a 159 before you know what to look for. From what I've been told the 2.0 is more reliable but to me it sounds like a good buy. Good luck on your purchase and welcome back to the 159tisw club.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Owning Alfas means you think differently from the norm...why wouldn't you own a Busso v6 if the chance is there? I couldn't justify buying the. GT as well at the time so had to chop in the1750 TISW for it...incoming in at it the other way has been relatively easy to sell in to Mrs R...the only think I would say having gone from tea 2.4 to 1750 to 2.0 is the 1750 fuel consumption did grate a little. Nice engine. But for a 1.75 you'd expect better than 25 mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts