Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. After months of "will I, won't I", I have finally made enquires on a 159

The info I currently have on this car are as follows.....

Alfa Romeo 159 Ti JTDM 19inchAlloys+Leather 4 door Saloon + Blue & Me "08 58", 19'' Alloy Wheels, Sports Leather, Blue&Me, Xenon Headlamps, Parking Aid, Heated Seats, Our Ref: 23914, Standard equipment : Alarm, Anti-lock brakes, Climate control, Drivers airbag, Electric windows, Leather interior, Metallic paint, Passenger airbag, Power steering, Remote central locking, Side airbags, Special alloy wheels, Traction control, Trip computer,

I am still waiting on full car specs but was wondering if one of you fine people could add anything that I need to be aware of or should be asking for or about.

Car is currently in the garage at the link below.

Mangoletsi, Alfa Romeo and Fiat Dealership in the north west of England - Used Cars

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Car on a 'W' for West Country prefix suggests it might have been owned by Alfa Romeo UK before as they seem to register all their cars at their import centre near Bristol. Ask them what it's been used for? Has it been a hire car? (Unlikely seeing as it's a Ti but you never know.)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Neil - that car has a really nice spec and doesn't have enough miles on it for it to have been a hire/fleet car. Do an internet reg/history check to ease your mind and then just have a good look over. There really should be nothing wrong with a 15mth year old car unless it's been in an accident. Drive it - let the bug bite you :)

Price wise I bought a 3.2L in London for I think £18.5k (same 1.5 years old at time), so with a recession on and appetite for large saloons way down, you should be knocking a few grand off their price.

Good luck - it's looks gorgeous - especially the wheels...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers all. Just seen the tyre prices and they are steep but I think they will be worth the price.

Is there anything I need to be looking at more to do with with checks ie - clutch noise or clunking etc.

Thanks as ever

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mango's having a MASSIVE sale this weekend...not sure if the price listed is the "weekend sale price" but wouldn't hurt to ask?

Here's the ad thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/nort...car-sale-weekend-event-23rd-and-24th-jan.html

They are also offering a FREE Mangoletsi performance Upgrade Offer for alfaowner.com members only when purchasing a new or used car from Mangoletsi on Sat 23rd Jan or Sun 24th Jan 2010: Mangoletsi, Alfa Romeo and Fiat Dealership in the north west of England - Performance Upgrades

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers pal. The salesguy i am talking too did mention something about this weekend but never took much notice tbh.

Have just asked for an appt..!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cheers pal. The salesguy i am talking too did mention something about this weekend but never took much notice tbh.

Have just asked for an appt..!!
Excellent! Hope u find what you're looking for at the price you're willing to pay. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good choice in car mate. I'd have a good look for any dents along the upper swage lines. These are a nightmare to repair! Oh and make sure it has the latest 5.4 blue and me update if you are planning on connecting an ipod (you'll have to buy the adapter though). Good luck and i hope it's the car for you.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Looks a very nice car :cool::thumbs:

Mangos have a great reputation on the service side so there shouldn't be things wrong on collection.

Alignment of the front wheels makes a BIG difference to tyre wear without ruining the handling. Mangos can't do it, but if you see them going bald quickly have a search on here for the toe settings.

Many of us use high grade diesel and additive like millers or redex. Helps keep the injectors clean and the engine running sweet as a nut.

Rusty wheel nuts are the bane of my life - make sure yours aren't rusty. Mine are :rant::cry:

Other than that, have a good look for stone chips, ask the salesman to take you for a drive in one of their special Modifica cars. You'll be hooked. :thumbs: Enjoy. :cool:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sounds very much like an ex ALFA uk car. To be fair you can list pages of stuff to check but theres bound to be something. Its in warranty and Mangos are a good dealer so anything untoward should be sorted for you. Just give it a good once over when you collect and in first few days driving as taking it back months later may not cut it for minor painty defects or alloy wheel scuffs etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't do it

The 159 must be, without doubt the worst car I have ever owned.
Problems to look for are too numerous to list, but here are some:
Tyres will only last 6-7K, make sure audio system works properly, check for wet carpets; bad door seals, panel fit not great, check operation of alarm system, make sure recalls have been done, ensure powr delivery is smooth.
Heard enough yet.
Don't be lured by its good looks, its a stinker.

Morning all. After months of "will I, won't I", I have finally made enquires on a 159

The info I currently have on this car are as follows.....

Alfa Romeo 159 Ti JTDM 19inchAlloys+Leather 4 door Saloon + Blue & Me "08 58", 19'' Alloy Wheels, Sports Leather, Blue&Me, Xenon Headlamps, Parking Aid, Heated Seats, Our Ref: 23914, Standard equipment : Alarm, Anti-lock brakes, Climate control, Drivers airbag, Electric windows, Leather interior, Metallic paint, Passenger airbag, Power steering, Remote central locking, Side airbags, Special alloy wheels, Traction control, Trip computer,

I am still waiting on full car specs but was wondering if one of you fine people could add anything that I need to be aware of or should be asking for or about.

Car is currently in the garage at the link below.

Mangoletsi, Alfa Romeo and Fiat Dealership in the north west of England - Used Cars

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The 159 must be, without doubt the worst car I have ever owned.
Problems to look for are too numerous to list, but here are some:
Tyres will only last 6-7K, make sure audio system works properly, check for wet carpets; bad door seals, panel fit not great, check operation of alarm system, make sure recalls have been done, ensure powr delivery is smooth.
Heard enough yet.
Don't be lured by its good looks, its a stinker.
Dont listen to this nonsense. Everyone can have a bad experience. But the 159 / Brera is a good solid car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts