Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So am planning on buying a black '51 1.6 147 at a seized auction. For the price I reckon it'll go for/I am willing to pay, I'll still make money if I break it. It's got a long mot on it so best case scenario, it still runs but it doesn't come with keys so worst case scenario, it doesn't have handbook with key card in the glove box what can I do to get new keys? Do i need a new ecu? And how much will it set me back? Also, the doors are open and am going to see it tomorrow so will ask/check on the off chance that it has the card so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
hi i can sell you an ecu and key set pm me if you get it. its an pretty easy diy job just will take the best part of a day to change everything over.

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
For the keys, read the many MANY key threads.
Plenty £££ for a new one direct from Alfa is your only option unless you swap all the locks/ECUs/etc for a s/h set.

Lacking the card isn't an issue, because you can get that number from Alfa with the new key.

You say it still runs..... so how have they managed that without keys/immobiliser-chips/etc?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Its not worth buying it to break unless its got leather, nice alloys and a good engine. They are the only bits that tend to sell quickly from what I've seen.

UK cars were not normally supplied with the code card anyhow.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Its not worth buying it to break unless its got leather, nice alloys and a good engine. They are the only bits that tend to sell quickly from what I've seen.

UK cars were not normally supplied with the code card anyhow.
Defo i have tons of spears never really get asked for much?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I bought a 51 plate 1.6 with 47,000 miles for my son. A really nice one for £830. A set of new keys from Alfa are nearly £300 each with programming.

Do the maths.

I bought a leather interior on ebay for it for £62.

Do the maths before buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts