Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my MiTo on friday night and i'm a little worried about one of the buttons on the steering wheel.

Its the one with the little phone symbol on the right hand side.

Are any of yours really hard to press in, mine is. It doesnt sit flush like all the other buttons do and its a struggle to press it down which doesnt end the calls easily.

Also ive paired my phone up with the car and copied the phone book into it but as soon as i leave the car, it all dissappears so its like everytime you go out its reset itself. Its a nokia 6210 navigator. I have the bluetooth on all the time.

Anyone else having these problems

·
Registered
467 Posts
my phone button doesn't seem to have a great deal of 'travel' but it does seem normal. I'll have a look tomorrow night if you want and we can compare! Not sure on the phone but it sounds as bad as my wife's lg viewty which is pants!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks.

i'm sure its not right unless its supposed to be difficult so you dont accidentally call someone up while driving.

I dunno, i'm making excuses now to make me feel better.

B

·
0 Posts
Just take it back to the dealer and get them to let you play with one of the demo cars and see how it compares.

·
Registered
309 Posts
my phone button doesn't seem to have a great deal of 'travel' but it does seem normal. I'll have a look tomorrow night if you want and we can compare! Not sure on the phone but it sounds as bad as my wife's lg viewty which is pants!
OMG... My phone is an LG viewty... :cry:
Any idea what phone works well with the MiTo??
Is all LG Viewty not compatible with the car? Or do u think its just a one-off?? :/

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
OMG... My phone is an LG viewty... :cry:
Any idea what phone works well with the MiTo??
Is all LG Viewty not compatible with the car? Or do u think its just a one-off?? :/
Lemme put it this way, my Blackberry works perfectly well with the Mito, and that's not exactly a 'mainstream' company who would've had much testing time with the B&M system in development. LG will almost certainly be different. It should work absolutely fine :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Lemme put it this way, my Blackberry works perfectly well with the Mito, and that's not exactly a 'mainstream' company who would've had much testing time with the B&M system in development. LG will almost certainly be different. It should work absolutely fine :)
Thx, I hope so too..... hope my car wud work fine with my phone
*fingers crossed*

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
My 'phone' button sits flush and is easy to use.
Hold it down for a couple of seconds to end call!
I have a Nokia N73 and had to programme all my contacts manually for it to store.
See the thread about compatible phones - Blue and Me for more info about your particular phone.
Hope this helps :)
Sounds like you need to take it back to the dealer to get it sorted properly :eek:

·
Registered
467 Posts
there are quite a few lists on compatible phones in the blue and me section, but i can tell you that from the lists and also personal experience, the lg viewty will only allow you to pair it and then dial a number that you have given and will not allow you to transfer contacts to the car which is quite bad really. It comes down to the version of bluetooth used on the phone rather than the blue and me system itself as the phone needs to be able to send the things via bluetooth which it appears that the lg viewty cannot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I dont seem to have a problem with that button but the one above it seems to be hard to press at times. Depends where you press it really. I've found that if i press it in the centre, it works fine and is easy enough to press.

Is any one having problems answering calls though using the phone button? It wont let me answer an incoming call using that button, i have to answer it on the phone itsself. But then i can end the call using that button so i know the button itsself is working.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i hav a samsung soul and it works perfectly with the b&me it even reads my txts....it has only just started doin that tho....the only thing is i hav to connect every time i get in tthe car...salesman told me that it should auto connect...but im not bothered its only pressin the ok button on my fone so wat the hell.....really suprised me the other day wen the voice read my txt:lol:

it uploaded all my numbers automatically too.....fab:lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i hav a samsung soul and it works perfectly with the b&me it even reads my txts....it has only just started doin that tho....the only thing is i hav to connect every time i get in tthe car...salesman told me that it should auto connect...but im not bothered its only pressin the ok button on my fone so wat the hell.....really suprised me the other day wen the voice read my txt:lol:

it uploaded all my numbers automatically too.....fab:lol:
Tess

I have a Samsung G800 which I have to connect each time. Eventually got it to connect automatically - Under Bluetooth settings, highlight Blue&Me uder devices, select options, select authorise device.

Should then connect automatically

Hope this helps

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
cool will giv it a go and let u know...tho i am famed for bein a tec hnophobe...we shall see :cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
ok gbsaint ... as u may know im dim wen it cums to these things..do i do that on my fone or in the car....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
nah its not workin....keeps cumin up audio connect then connected then serial connect?....oh well its workin so im not messin with it ....i will only mess it up...:cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i did it on the fone and it just says audio connect etc....its ok tho as long as it works im not bothered and thanx for the advice it was really appreciated....

so wen u gettin ur mito....:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the iPhone and it works brilliantly, auto connects with no issues when the phone is in the car or boot and can easily switch on the screen of the the phone to 'iPhone' or 'speaker' if I want to get out of the car but continue the call. My contacts are transferred to the phone, the only issue I have is when I am trying to select a contact using the buttons on the steering wheel, it sometimes goes back to the home screen and says 'this feature is only available when vehicle is stationary', this seems to happen when stopping and starting eg at traffic lights. I don't tend to use the voice actived dialling because of the way contacts are stored on the iPhone you have to use the surname of the contact and I find it often doesn't recognise the name and I'm just too impatient! It doesn't read texts.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i always use voice activated cos it makes me smile...specially wen it dont understand wat i sed....:cheese:

and i dont like readin the screen wen im drivin....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts