Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'll get ribbed here but....

I read a review many months ago, before I purchased, that the right hand drive UK seating was a little misaligned due to the transfer of controls.

I only mention this as on longer journeys I'm getting a pain in my right bum cheek (which my girlfriend suggest is just me!) and I'm wondering if this may be if I am being forced to sit a bit skewed, not noticeable tbh but.........

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Its the seats on the non veloce/QF models. They are poor. I found a Halfords back cushion does the trick, just seat it on the rear of the base so that it keeps your lower spine pushed forwards a bit. Try with an ordinary cushion or a rolled up towel.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I already have back problems and the seats on the Super do not help
No lumbar support and no seat tilt to support the thighs. I have raised the front of the seat by installing some washers under the front seat mounting screws which helps with thigh support. The pedals are offset on the RHD and I have felt the same discomfort in Veloce also when I have had loan cars. The seating positions is a bit unnatural compared to my previous 159.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I find this only if I have my wallet in my right back pocket, seriously... if I remove my wallet then it's OK.
I was about to suggest the same thing. I too have to remove my wallet on long (over 30 odd min) drives. And it’s more to do with my fat backside than a fat wallet, I can assure you...
I also think, having tried both when on a test drive, the seats in my Speciale are a significant upgrade to those in the Super.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was about to suggest the same thing. I too have to remove my wallet on long (over 30 odd min) drives. And it’s more to do with my fat backside than a fat wallet, I can assure you...
I also think, having tried both when on a test drive, the seats in my Speciale are a significant upgrade to those in the Super.
Looks like we both have Monza Red Speciale's, good choice ;), the seats are great but I still need to remove stuff from my back pockets on long journeys, I think it is because they are so good, like the pea and the princess story, not calling myself a princess you understand... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys, you should never sit anywhere with stuff in the back pocket. Sitting with wallet or something similar in the back pocket is a perfect recepie for future back pains and curvy spine!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
4 months of physiotherapy on my hips to relieve a trapped nerve was eventually cured by taking my wallet out of my back pocket!
25+k miles a year sitting on your money puts a lot of strain on your back alignment regardless of what seats you have.

·
Registered
314 Posts

I read a review many months ago, before I purchased, that the right hand drive UK seating was a little misaligned due to the transfer of controls.

I only mention this as on longer journeys I'm getting a pain in my right bum cheek (which my girlfriend suggest is just me!) and I'm wondering if this may be if I am being forced to sit a bit skewed, not noticeable tbh but.........
Try taking your wallet out of your back pocket. ;) Haemorrhoids?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hmmm! Could this be why I can't seem to get the rear view mirror to really move to where I want it to go, it's more like for a LHD car as it just doesn't go far enough to the right for my liking. Guilia Speciale

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm prone to back aches etc. I drove for 12 hours (1 stop) from Cornwall to North Wales (traffic was really, really bad) and I got out car feeling pretty fresh.

I'm in a Veloce, so the seats are very adjustable and supportive.

I think your answer is get a Veloce or a Quad

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'm prone to back aches etc. I drove for 12 hours (1 stop) from Cornwall to North Wales (traffic was really, really bad) and I got out car feeling pretty fresh.

I'm in a Veloce, so the seats are very adjustable and supportive.

I think your answer is get a Veloce or a Quad
Was that at the start of November, a Friday, every man and their dogs driving home from the South West after half-term week! 🤣

·
Registered
571 Posts
July last year. Start of half term or such can't remember now (trying to forget about it )

·
Registered
2 Posts

Where do you carry your wallet? (This is not really a joke - there's a pain-in-the-butt syndrome due to sitting on a wallet. Cured by a visit to your doc.)

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are the seats you are talking about the same as in the Guilia? If so, are they the standard seats or the sport seats?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts