Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
45,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who are following you... there's a narrowing ahead with people coming the other way ... you signal the oncoming traffic through, and the absolute penis behind, paying absolutely no attention to what is going on, decides to overtake you because they think you're parking.

Is there a car coming the other way? Yes.

If you were paying any attention to the road, would it be obvious you're about to bring the entire road to a halt because you'll be nose to nose with it? Yes.
Dipstick.

N

·
0 Posts
It's moments like that were an ex-army lightweight LandRover
would make an excellent choice of car to drive.

[ GOUGE ]

"Oh sorry, did I just total the side of your car?
That's going to be embarrassing to explain to your insurance...."

K

·
0 Posts
I love them.

In the days when I drove to work there was a street where it was a daily occurrence (Gerald road in Salford for those who know it). There's room for single file traffic only and it's on lots of bus routes too. You pull in to give the bus a straight run and some pillock goes past you then has to reverse 50 yards back past you.

N

·
0 Posts
Not nearly as bad as the ones who pass you when you've
pulled up for the emergency services to pass. Blocking
the gap you've made.

Those ones should be dragged from their car and beaten
to death.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
I must have missed your posting Fred, and I just love the term "slack-jawed throwbacks" :lol:

However all comments on this thread accurately highlight the current worldwide situation where driving licences are routinely issued to all & sundry (including total morons) who have been sufficiently schooled purely to pass the local driving test... which as we know has very little to do with real-world CDF, Vehicle handling, Road-craft, plus courtesy and respect for other road users :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,712 Posts
People who are following you... there's a narrowing ahead with people coming the other way ... you signal the oncoming traffic through, and the absolute penis behind, paying absolutely no attention to what is going on, decides to overtake you because they think you're parking.

Is there a car coming the other way? Yes.

If you were paying any attention to the road, would it be obvious you're about to bring the entire road to a halt because you'll be nose to nose with it? Yes.
Dipstick.
:thumbs: agree

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/rant-room/287302-new-style-cra5-driving-being-a-pillock-and-lunge-driving.html

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Funny, I had one on the way home tonight. Nearly came through the back window :rant:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I tried my hand at driving instuction about seven years ago and I walked away from it because of the way you had to teach people to drive now, its all about getting them ready for the test and nothing to do with making them good drivers, some of the best pupils I had who showed courtesy for other road users and read the road ahead well would fail the test for stoppng when they technically have right of way or for letting someone out when they have priority, but some of the, to be honest, scariest drivers I have ever been in a car with would sail through because they just ploughed on regardless of what was happening and showed the kind of selfishness that is all to common on the roads nowadays.
I now drive around 60k a year (not in my Alfa I'm afraid) and I sadly recognise the same behaviour that I was told to teach people, on a daily basis so maybe its the system now.
That said there are some major A...oles driving around our roads now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts