Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I drove into Manchester today the sun was shining and I had the window down, the Busso burbling away happily to itself.

It got me thinking... This engine would have been absolutely incredible in a small, lightweight RWD sports car.

Imagine blasting along an empty B road with the top down and the sun shining, wringing out the Busso to the redline, feeling the car begun to surge toward the redline as it passes 4k revs, exhaust note rising to a howl...

If only...

I wonder if you could fit one if these engines into an old MX5 or MR2?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
its been fitted to a Guila sprint... if fact theres a tale that Enzo once said if that engine had been fitted to the car in the 60's it would have been sensational

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hawk do a kit for a replica lancia stratos that will take a Busso, not a soft top but nice :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it that heavy? I have heard the 156 derided for being heavy up front, but mine never feels that way.

Perhaps an MR layout would work better so the weight is centered.

*heads online to look for Lancia Stratos replicas.

G

·
0 Posts
Hmmm... If only.... An Alfa 75 running gear in the S2 spider with a Busso 3.2 24v up front... Nice:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
It got me thinking... This engine would have been absolutely incredible in a small, lightweight RWD sports car.
It is.

GTV6 - small, lightweight (150 bhp per tonne), RWD, elegant to boot and came with one of the nicest incarnations of the Busso: the 2.5 12v. There is an extra creaminess to the original 2.5 that the later engines just don't have, it's like Jersey full-fat, as creamy as it gets.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wish I never saw this thread!
Makes me miss my 166 so badly!
:cry:

Busso creaminess!

oh for want of the cream!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I never saw this thread!
Makes me miss my 166 so badly!

Busso creaminess!

oh for want of the cream!
Indeed.

With a Busso every journey is a sublime voyage of creaminess.

Well except journeys to the petrol station.

I love mine to a frankly ridiculous degree.

I bought it for £900 and have spent £2,600 on it so far this year - parts, major service, full Koni treatment.

Next: Novitec front spoiler, wizard front pipes, straight through exhaust, ferrodo pads.

I just can't stop myself lavishing affection on it.

Stupid charismatic car.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Indeed.

With a Busso every journey is a sublime voyage of creaminess.

Well except journeys to the petrol station.

I love mine to a frankly ridiculous degree.

I bought it for £900 and have spent £2,600 on it so far this year - parts, major service, full Koni treatment.

Next: Novitec front spoiler, wizard front pipes, straight through exhaust, ferrodo pads.

I just can't stop myself lavishing affection on it.

Stupid charismatic car.
I know what you mean James :thumbs: bought mine with Novitec front, rear and ******* Novitec spoilers and Novitec wheels, think the lad I bought it off had shares with them :lol: had a bill off Autodelta for them fitting too :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts