Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a thing going on with bus drivers in town here where all the roads are gradualy getting narrower and bus stops are no longer cut out into the pavement to let cars get by but built purposely on the road to slow the traffic down etc etc in an effort to stop people bringing cars into town.
The drivers are becoming the new 'kings of the road' and seem to enjoy having a pack of cars behind them and drive purposely so.
I've even been pushed off the road (on my bike) onto the pavement by one and was lucky I was quick enough to jump onto the pavement.
I stopped in front of that bus at the next stop and told him what he'd done and even the passengers were behind me! He just looked staight out as if nothing was there.
Anyway. By playing this game of driving too close to parked cars etc one bus has shaved the back of my car and broken the back lights:mad:
They have trailers here and it was the trailer that did it by misjudgement.
Phoned up the bus people who asked me if I had the bus number and reference...... and then got called back by the police to ask if I wanted to open an enquiry:confused:
Basically the police told me there was little if no chance of getting any repair due to too many people trying to get cars repaired like this:wow:
After a long conversation having told them I SAW the bloody thing do it, I would have to go to court etc etc and would probably lose.
The trailer shaved both light lenses off my Land Rover so am getting them replaced today.
I'm very offensed at having been contacted by the police whereas I contacted the bus line and had an adult conversation (for once) with their repair shop about it who asked for pictures of the car date, time, whereabouts and all the rest in order for them to check their buses -about 6 at the most run the line in question.
Their management has now taken it to the police who are telling me - more expensive, it could have been any big van, the two buses on the line (two to keep up a ten minute wait in the morning on a 30km ride through toen....!!!) are OK. They're trying to scare me off and have managed to do so for 2 lenses. I SAW THE BUS DO IT but don't have its reference and two lenses aren't exactly going to badly damage a bus so visibly that they have to stop and repair it. In fact the driver didn't stop because it was just that. The back caught the lights but didn't slow the thing down at all.
Instead of calling I should have played their game: jumped into the car, followed the bus to the next stop, overtaken him (illegaly on that road) and parked infront, stopped all the morning traffic until I had made my point and got repair/names reference etc. Difficult to persuade a driver that didn't even notice though and probably would have been fined by the police for obstructing a main road in the process.
I'm angry to say the least.

R

·
0 Posts
You saw it happening, were close to getting it resolved only for the management to do a U-turn and decide that your word could not be trusted? Yes, I would be ranty as well. Not shirty about the damage, because accidents happen but sad that there are just so many lier's, chancers and fraudsters that no one knows when it is OK just to take someone's word. You are paying the price for other peoples dishonesty.

R

·
0 Posts
Yes there are dishonest people out there, I have had 4 cctv cameras installed on all my buses because there are so many lying scheming car drivers in the UK trying to claim off the bus companies, its amazing how many NON claims I have to defend in a week. Bloody car drivers.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
it always annoys me when bus drivers overtake other buses at bus stops and then stop the traffic altogether.

Why do they do that? they have their own lanes and should bl00dy well stay in them.

Birmingham is choked with buses with four OAPs riding round on each bus.

Getting to work is easier whn they are all on strike, traffic flows much easier.

Rant over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts