Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

One quick question. I have noticed that when the temperature guage gettin to 90 degrees I can feel really bad smell of burning OIL inside my car.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Luke

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Check the cam cover gasket is not leaking. The oil often ends up on the exhaust manifold. :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
I have noticed that when the temperature guage gettin to 90 degrees...
FYI
90degC is the normal running temperature.
(at least, it should be...)

yes, check for oil around the manifold.
Could be from cam cover or dipstick tube.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no I totally agree with 90 degrees but my point was that the smell just starts when the temp. i getting to 90 d.

I have checked all around the engine and I can't see any OIL at all... I have had my OIL changed recently but I did check if there areany wet spots... and there weren't any so its strange a bit that there is some OIL burning somewhere....

Luke

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Do you still get the smell if the climate control is set to recycle?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats the good point... I don't! Also this smell only last for few minutes and then its ok.... so its looks like there is a small leak somewhere but I can't see... :(

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Have a look to see if there is oil in the spark plug holes. It can get there from spillages or from a leaking gasket.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi there,

I have checked all, spark plugs holes, all around the engine... took the cover off and look for some leak but I didn't find anything... all dry and looking good to me...

David C, I have also checked with the climate control on and it smells as well, I did think it doesn't but i does... :(

Friend of mine told me that it may be something to do with the pollen filters... if they haven't been changed for a while it my get this sort of smell as well (dump, and all kind of mixture)...

Am I right saying that the pollen filters can be found at the front near under the dash board on the passanger site?

Thanks guys...

Luke

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good stuff... will check this tomorrow... long hours at work and everything must be done partially... :(

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts