Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Although the standard radio/CD player in my 159 Lusso plays self burnt 'audio' CDs, I have had no success with MP3 compilations. I am trying to keep the tracks in folders (as described in the car's Audio Manual). The disks play fine in the PC and other mp3 playing stereo systems around the house, but in the 159 all I ever get is "READING" followed by a fairy vauge message of "CD ERROR" and then the disk being ejected. Has anyone had any success in this area and could perhaps guess at what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

N

·
0 Posts
FIrst off, do you have the MP3 option on the headunit?

They're a bit temperamental in terms of disk brand.

Make sure you close the disk after burning.

Only use CD-R disks.

They can be quite fussy about certain brands.
Try Verbatim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Nev.

I feel a little embarressed, I have not had the car long and had misread the Sound system manual. I had thought the only option was the CD changer - I now guess mine is not an MP3 compatible head unit. It looks nothing like either of these:

K7 Blaupunkt - Erstausrüstung - Alfa Romeo - Alfa 147 Mid

CD Blaupunkt - Erstausrüstung - Alfa Romeo - Alfa 147 High

There does not seem to be any 'marking' on the outside of the unit, is there an easy way to tell them apart? Menu options for instance?

I guess a follow-on question would be, is there any way of knowing what options were selected by the original owner? - not just the ICE, but the whole car. Many of the options I can see in the handbook don't seem to have 'obvious' external signs. Is there a way of tracing back from the chassis number to the original build spec?

Thanks again

N

·
0 Posts
Yes there is an "MP3" emblem on the ones that can
play MP3 discs.

Although the 159/Brera unit is a blaupunkt one it
is not the same as the 147 one. (Although
functionally it is the same and is only a single
height unit.)

For some reason you couldn't order MP3 disc playback
with Bluetooth when they launched the cars. (Who knows why...)

Not sure how to tell what options came with a particular
car.

What specifically are you hoping for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts