Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,car was running OKish untill Sat when it lost power and coasted to a stop.Cranks fine but wont take.Closer inspection revealed a burnt fuse under the bonnet,either IGN or EFI.
WTF??Any ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Thandokazi is it a large fuse or a small one? Usually the first course of action is to replace the fuse. If the fault re-occures then suspect an item on the fuel innection system to be creating a short circuit. Normally it would be a pinched power feed wire ("+ve"). The chances are it would be related to the work carried out on the car: One wire pinched perhaps? It's difficult to say since you're not specifying exactly which one?

Fuel pumps can also cause fuse issues when they start to fail and draw more current as they become less efficient but I'm not sure if there's a fuel pump fuse under the bonnet.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Look at the fuses and relays in front of the battery the wiring around there tend to be a mess on most of them. The relays might be hanging from the wires and could touch metal components causing the blown fuse.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still no luck.something very simple is mucking me around.removed both engine covers incl the air intake several times and inspected wires individually but still no luck.think i found out why my aircon is not working though.....there is a loose plug coming off the aircon compressor.Also having spent so much time under the car,found the whole bottom WET with appears to be hydraulic fluid which seems to come directly from the powersteering pump(ALAN???)He couldnt even get a new sump plug for me!And he is the best in KZN.Scary..

Back to the issue at hand,the brown wire that exits on the drivers side on top of the anterior cylinder bank on the v6...where does that plug into?it is closely related to the wiring of coils 4/5/6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts