Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Taking the family (wife, Luke 4yrs / Kiera 2 mths & I) to Burnham on sea for a week long break soon. Have looked on a few websites but can't seem to find a great deal of inspiration for days out.

Wife has suggested Wookey hole / Cheddar gorge.

Don't mind doing some miles when there, so any suggestions appreciated.

BTW already checked to see if any local Alfa meets on when we're down there but unfortunately none!:mad:

Many thanks in advance,
James

R

·
0 Posts
Ok if its Sunnny take a trip to Minehead, there is the option to drive to Bishops Lydeard (Taunton area) and get the Welcome to the West Somerset Railway Official Home Page and make a day of it stopping off at the various stations on the way down for lunch etc, Cheddar Gorge is a cracking day out, buy a family pass for maximum value. Weston super mare if its a nice sunny day, dont bother if its wet. clarks village in Street if you want to treat the wife to some great shopping (and plenty to keep you and the kids amused. Wookey hole ? not that brilliant, Cheddar is far better. There is lots to see and do in Somerset and im sure you will have a great time, if you need any more info let me know :)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Ok if its Sunnny take a trip to Minehead, there is the option to drive to Bishops Lydeard (Taunton area) and get the Welcome to the West Somerset Railway Official Home Page and make a day of it stopping off at the various stations on the way down for lunch etc, Cheddar Gorge is a cracking day out, buy a family pass for maximum value. Weston super mare if its a nice sunny day, dont bother if its wet. clarks village in Street if you want to treat the wife to some great shopping (and plenty to keep you and the kids amused. Wookey hole ? not that brilliant, Cheddar is far better. There is lots to see and do in Somerset and im sure you will have a great time, if you need any more info let me know :)
I used to live in Bishops Lydeard!

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
weston super mare...fab aquarium for the kids...

cullompton devon is about 45 mins away and u can drive a jcb in digger world..yay

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
What a lovely little village it is, and a railway station with steam trains, why did you move ;)
I moved to Taunton... we lived opposite the Post office 2 mins walk from the Lethbridge Arms....Ahhh, good times in my youth...and then moved up to North wales.

I actually grew up here. Halsway Manor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My parents ran the place for 11 years from 1981.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:confused: When I moved away there was only Kingston's, Night Owls and the Ivory Club oh and the Hard Rock Cafe in the middle of the road :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
:confused: When I moved away there was only Kingston's, Night Owls and the Ivory Club oh and the Hard Rock Cafe in the middle of the road :lol:
I think Shout is where Hard rock cafe was, there is also the Dellers wharf (Chav central) and loads of other pubs and clubs its a very vibrant town at night. ;)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Gosh, how times change. That used to be the Posh end when I were a lad!. Anything past whsmith going towards eastreach was a definate no-go area after 11pm :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Many thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated. Apologies to anyone from Taunton, sure it's like all towns & cities on a Friday / Saturday night!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts