Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
46,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the news just now, a mob of journalists thrusting microphones into the face of a shop assistant who has worked for BHS for 30 years, and just found out that she's probably about to lose her job. They literally had her pressed into the corner of a doorway.

And the reason why they absolutely had to put this woman through that?

To ask such gritty and informative questions as "What are you going to do now?" and "You must feel terrible?"

Parasites.

Reactions: Aramis

·
Registered
787 Posts
Why are they soo interested with her specifically? Perhaps if it was a skilled position, losing your job after 30 years would be a big deal, but shop assistants aren't exactly irreplaceable. Thats not saying the journalists arent parasites, but usually those jobs are part-time, companies like that don't care about loyalty anyways so why bother putting your neck out for them.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Why are they soo interested with her specifically? Perhaps if it was a skilled position, losing your job after 30 years would be a big deal, but shop assistants aren't exactly irreplaceable. Thats not saying the journalists arent parasites, but usually those jobs are part-time, companies like that don't care about loyalty anyways so why bother putting your neck out for them.
Skilled or not, I am sure that losing a job of 30 years is a big deal for that person!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It's fine to ask questions, even if the questions are inane drivel.

It's not fine to ask such questions very rudely or to physically intimidate someone in order to "get the shot".

E

·
0 Posts
I have worked in a newsroom environment for a while (not as a journo) and it truly was real life drop the dead donkey, and is why I don't pay attention to the hyperbole that passes for news these days. The channel is long gone, but some of the journos pop up every now and then.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Does anyone remember that Don Henley song called 'Dirty Laundry'?

Every time I hear things like this, that pops into my head. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts