Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined, so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I'm just reaching the end of a 2yr lease on an (amazing!) Giulia Veloce. Love it.

Unfortunately, the front bumper has been scraped (both underneath and on the front) so needs replacing. Has anyone returned a Giulia Veloce in the UK to Leasys with such damage? If so, any thoughts on how much?
Has anyone tried getting one repaired? Again any tips on how much would be great.

Anyone considering getting a Veloce, please just do it. Mine is in Misano blue so I think it looks fab. Sadly, the Mrs has won out and its being replaced for a Stelvio but thankfully same engine and got a great lease deal.

Cheers

·
Registered
191 Posts
Im not sure if the bumper needs replacing if its just scraping. I unfortunately got the front lip over a low rubber parking barrier in a car park. Ripped the tabs by the wheel arch. Took it to an authourised alfa body shop in Surrey. After considerable sucking of teeth, he said no way following standard alfa procedures for repair to save bumper. For part, fit and spray bill was circa £1600 excluding vat. I thanked him for his time and got the hell out of there.

Went to a very highly respected body shop near me and they took off bumper and repaired the tabs and resprayed scuffed bottom side of lip. Cannot see any damage and paintwork looks perfect (until I manage to scrape the bottom again). This was £300 exc Vat. The alfa bodyshop was in Walton upon thames and the indie paint shop was in Kingston.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone considering getting a Veloce, please just do it. Mine is in Misano blue so I think it looks fab. Sadly, the Mrs has won out and its being replaced for a Stelvio but thankfully same engine and got a great lease deal.

Cheers
Hi hope you don't mind me asking but what do you consider a great lease deal? As when I've been looking they're about 50% more than a veloce or they are if looking at a Milano or speciale on 17k per annum?

Without photos I can't really comment on your bumper but I'd go with the comment above and get it looked at by a local reputable body shop and let them know it's a lease car, I've took company cars before handing them back and always been lucky and got good advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the advice. Will try a couple of body shops and see how I get on.

In terms of deals, I found a new 2017 spec stelvio speciale in metallic (dark blue) for £10,200 total for 24 months on 12k pa. The wheels aren't as nice as the new ones and I lose apple car play but otherwise its pretty identical and saved me 2k on the next best price. They needed to shift a few pre Sept as the car doesnt meet the new emissions standards, hence the price.

Gonna miss my giulia veloce though. Have convinced myself that the 2 grand saved will go towards a quadrifoglio next time! What do we have left without dreams?!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. Giulia lease goes back and I've got some paint peeling on the front bumper.

I got a couple of quote in the region of £300 for a full front bumper repray from some very good quality body shops in my area. So I'm getting that sorted in a few weeks.

I don't have any physical damage on the bumper as it's all cosmetic. But I think you could probably pick up a used (maybe lightly scratched/damaged) front bumper on eBay/salvage for around £2-300 and get that resprayed if you want?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks all for the advice. Will try a couple of body shops and see how I get on.

In terms of deals, I found a new 2017 spec stelvio speciale in metallic (dark blue) for £10,200 total for 24 months on 12k pa. The wheels aren't as nice as the new ones and I lose apple car play but otherwise its pretty identical and saved me 2k on the next best price. They needed to shift a few pre Sept as the car doesnt meet the new emissions standards, hence the price.

Gonna miss my giulia veloce though. Have convinced myself that the 2 grand saved will go towards a quadrifoglio next time! What do we have left without dreams?!
Ok thanks and that explains it as I've had a few of MY17 stelvios offered on deals but don't need mine until after November so they're no good in my case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts