Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit of a todo this morning going to work. Car coming towards me skidded on ice pushing a 4x4 which was in front of me into the front of my GT. I wasn't even in it at the time because the traffic had stopped as the road was so icy and my car went sliding across the road on its own!

Its only the wing thats damaged and a slight scrape on the door, but the steerings bent so its now off the road and in the hands of the insurance co. (god help me!) who tell me there's no courtesy cars available due to the recent weather!

I'm just a little bit pi**ed off at the moment and can only hope they don't write it off

Attachments

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
That's a sad sight :(

Good luck with the repair :thumbs:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bugger thats not good! hopefully damage is not as bad as it looks and you get her repaired an back on the road:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my car back from the repairers today, :cheese: been using a new Mondeo hire car which was surprisingly good !!

They've replaced the complete steering rack, top & bottom wishbones and upright which must be good news. However, they've left off the engine undertray, and managed to break the electric mirror switch in the door so I'll be back onto them first thing tomorrow.

First impression is they've done a reasonable, but rushed job. Its good to be back in an Alfa though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts